lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2020, 03:24 PM   #241
Lightning8U
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Anyone tried RoyPow lithium kit yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolagt View Post
What size Roypow...105ah?
No, Sir. I am currently running a S5156, just the 56AH battery from RoyPow. The advertised range is now 20-30 miles range (this was recently updated by RoyPow).
Lightning8U is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2020, 03:27 PM   #242
Lightning8U
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning8U View Post
I've been running a RoyPow lithium for several months on my EZGO TXT. I have a stock motor, Alltrax 500 amp controller (programmed to 460 amps), 1/0 gauge cables, and I am running 30 mph on 22" tires with great torque. Real-world range is 16-24 miles (with sound system, lights, and other accessories) depending on driving style and terrain. I previously had Trojan T-875s and would get 8-13 miles on a full charge down to 48.5v-18.4v.
I meant running the FLAs down to 48.5-48.4v, not 18.4v!!!
Old 07-14-2020, 03:31 PM   #243
Lightning8U
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstop View Post
I think you are talking about a 105ah battery?

Range is dependent on numerous factors, but as another data point to your 16-24 mile figure, my test produced 44 miles.

Conditions were: Onward cart, 23" tires, Navitas 600a controller / AC 5KW motor, Speed capped for test at 22.5mph (70% of mileage for test was at that speed - rest was stop and go - no tire chirping acceleration - just "normal" neighborhood driving). All paved roads / paths. No hills. One person onboard. 100% charge to start. Test end just as last bar went out (per-cell voltage still in a "safe" state at that point).

This was a cool weather test during winter (around 60f) - warmer weather will increase range slightly (and that has proven to be the case for me).

I tested carefully and recorded voltage at each "drop" of a SOC bar on the RoyPow SOC meter, and drove the same way for the entire test (test completed all at one time).

With temperatures in the 90s where I am now, my range is around 5 miles / bar under similar speeds / conditions to my original test, where then it was around 4.4 or so.

You can search back for a very detailed report I posted around January or February of this (2020) year if you want to learn more about range and driving conditions when using this battery.

If you go WOT everywhere you go you'll go less far. If you stick to stock speeds, you'll go farther. Drive with some of both - well, somewhere in between.

As an aside, I did some basic tests before I changed to the Navitas AC system, and at test speeds in the low 20s it used less watts per mile than the stock Club Car motor / controller did, so not sure how Alltrax DC motors / controllers fare. I would assume AC drive is likely somewhat more efficient at all speeds, but I only tested for this in the low 20s - it may be less of an advantage at higher speeds, or have none at all - Not sure.
Great response! I am actually using a 56AH RoyPow right now. You are correct, range is HIGHLY dependent on driving style, speed, pace of acceleration, etc. All else being equal, I would estimate the 56AH RoyPow to roughly double the range experienced with a set of new Trojan T-875s. Would you agree? Maybe 4x for the 105AH battery.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:19 AM   #244
BeardsBySarg
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone have the 160ah in their RXV? Have any pics? did you have to remove or modify anything underneath the seat?
BeardsBySarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:57 AM   #245
badankle
Not Yet Wild

Club cart DS 2007 , i am wondering how to mount the Roypow in it . I have been following your post any updates Thanks
badankle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:06 PM   #246
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardsBySarg View Post
Does anyone have the 160ah in their RXV? Have any pics? did you have to remove or modify anything underneath the seat?
I haven't done one myself but friend did it and said he didn't have to modify anything on his.
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 08:30 AM   #247
mtollin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgolfer View Post
I haven't done one myself but friend did it and said he didn't have to modify anything on his.
Could you ask him for a picture? From what I've heard DS needs a metal plate in framework added since completely open under batteries, no place to bolt down otherwise. Think it also has to go in front to back not sideways. I'm looking to do this to to a factory 48v DS, no upgrades.
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 09:23 AM   #248
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtollin View Post
could you ask him for a picture? From what i've heard ds needs a metal plate in framework added since completely open under batteries, no place to bolt down otherwise. Think it also has to go in front to back not sideways. I'm looking to do this to to a factory 48v ds, no upgrades.
This is from his Facebook I’m sure he won’t mind me posting
C14EC498-5911-49B4-8078-FE50CEAD7744.jpeg
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:43 AM   #249
mtollin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgolfer View Post
This is from his Facebook I’m sure he won’t mind me posting
Attachment 208824
Thanks. looks like he just laid it across open framework, I think i see a sparkle garage floor. Any idea how he secured it? Think you could email him for details to share?
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 09:12 AM   #250
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I have the 105ah. I cut 3/4" plywood and screwed them down to the battery trays. I wanted the compartment to be as clean/waterproof as I could get it.
IMG_1579.jpg
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium