lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2018, 11:01 PM   #1
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default RXV No Solenoid Click

2009 RXV, no Solenoid click on key or throttle. However, when I connect small terminal (black wire) to battery negative (at 36 volts) Solenoid clicks and power goes to controller (50 volts out of Sol).

However, no reverse buzzer and cart will not move after solenoid engaged.

Electric Brake releases and cart will rollwhen I change the connections (1-2-3-4) per instructions beneath the r/t switcn.

What should I check next?
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2018, 06:09 PM   #2
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Re: RXV No Solenoid Click

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordpi View Post
2009 RXV, no Solenoid click on key or throttle. However, when I connect small terminal (black wire) to battery negative (at 36 volts) Solenoid clicks and power goes to controller (50 volts out of Sol).

However, no reverse buzzer and cart will not move after solenoid engaged.

Electric Brake releases and cart will rollwhen I change the connections (1-2-3-4) per instructions beneath the r/t switcn.

What should I check next?
Update in case anyone else has this problem. After a lot of searching and reading here, found out it was the charger interlock in the charging receptacle. Controller disables cart when it thinks cart is plugged into charger.

When charger is connected, the plug breaks the circuit and there is no voltage on the blue wire. When charger is unplugged, blue wire is energized signaling the controller that charger is unplugged.

I will not post the instructions here as I do not want to be responsible for helping someone fry their controller, but if you search BGW you can find instructions, with critical warnings, on how to by pass the interlock. I would only do that as a test to verify the problem, not for regular use.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 06:58 PM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV No Solenoid Click

BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO