lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2020, 04:24 PM   #1
scottykify
Not Yet Wild

Default VC460 valvetrain noise?

Hey guys, I just finished up building a VC460 and used all the parts that came with it, I also upgraded to champion 1.1 rockers. so I noticed a slight noise when turning the engine over by hand, it ONLY happened when the pushrods and rockers were installed and valve spring pressure is pushing against it. Almost like the noise is camshaft gear backlash and when the lifter is on the down side of the cam ramp it would make a tick noise.

So I figured it must just be normal, so I installed it in the cart and started it. The thing runs great with awesome throttle response but the valvetrain noise is horrible. Im just curious if others have noticed this with the stock cam that comes with the VC460?

I have since pulled the engine back out, tore it down and cannot find anything wrong with it, verified the noise is only there when the valve springs are pushing against the lifters. I would purchase another cam if I knew that would fix the issue.

Thanks
scottykify is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps