lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2007, 07:12 PM   #1
carrollclay
Not Yet Wild

Default MCOR throttle linkage adjustment?

I got my new controller and intalled it today. Unfortunately, now I have VERY slow forward and Very Slow reverse (I mean like 5 or 6 mph)??? What did I do wrong? The led light stays lit up on the controller and all the wires are DEFINATELY tight. I had a full charge on it before working on it. It is a 2003 CC IQ. The controller is an ALLTRAX DCX500.
carrollclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:35 PM   #2
roady89

Is that DCX a programmable controller?
Old 06-02-2007, 03:01 AM   #3
carrollclay
Not Yet Wild

yes but it is brand new??? It was supposed to me made for specs that I gave the tech?
Old 06-02-2007, 05:41 AM   #4
roady89

Is the LED lit up green? Any other color and you have problems

As long as you have everything wired correctly the only thing I can think of is "Maybe" the controller need to be setup....In other words the controller need to be programmed. It will still work just not perform like you want it. If you have a com cable its an easy task. Alltrax is good about pre-setting controllers but I have had 1 I needed to program.

Only other things I can think of would be
1.v-glide isn't working correctly
2.half speed reverse wire are swapped with normal speed wires.(i dont know if thats possible)

The "Top speed" setting could be all the way down.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:41 AM   #5
carrollclay
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone else have this programmable setup? If so how about copy and pasting your set up for me? I know it is a matter of preference but I would be interested to see what you guys have? I would also like to know what you like about that set up as well as what you don't like, if anything?
Old 06-03-2007, 08:32 AM   #6
roady89

I have one but its not an Alltrax DCX speed controller. I have an AXE controller. The program is the same.
The cart is at the shop but I can list what does what.

1. High pedal disable. Check this.
The controller does a diagnostic check upon power up and if it sees throttle input it will disable the controller untill you throttle down. Keeps the cart from taking off if you turn the key on and the pedal is down.

2.Plug brake. (I dont use it)
Supplies the motor with braking current. If you have the brake current set high enough it will throw you out the front when you let off the pedal. Also acts kinda like a regen cart.

3. Turbo. Check this....I would like to see how this does. Its not available on the AXE controllers. Best desciption I can give is...If your controller is not at max amps at full throttle for more than 1 second it will supply more power to the feild....resulting in more power.

4. 1/2 speed reverse.
Self explanitory.

5.Max output current.
Set maximun output. Can be used to limit speed.

6. Undervoltage.
If your batts get to low it will limit power and eventually shut down the controller. This is a good thing so you dont hurt the batteries.

7. Overvoltage.
Sets the over voltage shutoff point for the controller during excessive
regen or overcharging to prevent damage

8.Throttle up rate.
You can play with this a little and find the sweet spot. Remember...if your pullin wheelies because your maxxing out your throttle up rate your also pulling out more battery juice.

9. Throttle down rate.
I set mine at minimum.

10. Brake current.
The higher the setting the more motor brakeing power when you let off the pedal. So much you can be thrown out the front of the cart.

11. Top speed.
Maxxed out of coarse unless you want to limit the kiddies.

Throttle Response Tab

1. Throttle sensor type.
Set it to the appropriate throttle type.

2. Throttle response
I use "Linear". I have played with the others but like linear best.

Monitor Tab
I have never played with these...I'm sure they are usefull if trying to diagnose a problem.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:47 AM   #7
carrollclay
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Roady89! That's exactly what I was looking for. I'll mess with it a little and hopefully that will fix my problem as well as make this thing that much more fun than it already was!
Old 06-03-2007, 06:47 PM   #8
carrollclay
Not Yet Wild

Well, I got it hooked up and that's pretty cool! There's a problem though. It was all set correctly. I think my problem is something that doesn't have anything to do with upgrading the controller or motor. I realized that I am only getting power when almost and absolute full throttle? It's like if the floorboard wasn't there that I could eventually push it far enough to get to top speed. I can press the pedal almost all the way and there is NOTHING, until it gets to full throttle??? If anyone has any idea what problems this could be, please chime in!

I also have another problem and I'm not sure but the 2 may or may not be related? Now, all of the sudden I have a new brake problem as well. When I apply the brake now it wants to lock up with barely any pressure? It didn't do this before? I have looked underneath and there doesn't seem to be anything that looks wrong? What do you guys think?
Old 06-03-2007, 07:26 PM   #9
roady89

I think you have a V-glide problem. Do you have a volt/ohm meter? I believe there are 3 wires coming out of your v-glide. Ohms should read from 5k to 0 ohms. 5k being off and 0k being wide open. Resistors could be broken...pop the cover off and have a look.

Second question......its hard to tell...I do know if you get some grease/oil on the brakes it will lock up. look and see if you have any oil around the backing plate area. How long has it been sitting? Could go away after you drive it a while.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:42 PM   #10
carrollclay
Not Yet Wild

How eactly do I test for the V'glide problem? Is it a common problem and what causes it to happen? The cart is at Moxie's house right now and he has the meter. Moxie, can you check it out if he gives us the procedure?

As for the brakes, there isn't any oil or grease anywhere. Any other suggestions?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car