lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2012, 03:22 AM   #1
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Default 2006 Precedent Front Wheel Hub

Got a cart that needs new front wheel bearings but the spares come as a complete hub kit +-$62. Has anyone tried replacing the bearings keeping the old hub.
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #2
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2006 Precedent Front Wheel Hub

I just repacked the wheel bearings in my 1979 CC, and found one that was rusty. Went to my local NAPA store and bought a new bearing and race. Drove the race out, using a punch from the other side, pressed the new one in. Packed the bearings, pressed in the new seal and put 'er back together. If you've ever done bearings on a boat trailer it's the same thing.

Most of the Club Cars apparently use the same bearing from 1974 on. I bought seals from this outfit; here's a link to their bearings: http://www.golfcarcatalog.com/produc...DS-Models.html They sell bearings in a set of 4, with 2 seals for about what you're talking about for one hub w/bearings.

Unless they changed bearings on the Precedent or something.

One of the sponsors of this site should have bearings also.

Last edited by jdunmyer; 12-30-2012 at 07:02 PM.. Reason: added pricing info
jdunmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:33 AM   #3
Golfdog
Gone Wild

The pre 2003 carts had cone bearings that could be repacked and the bearings are listed as replacement parts. Later carts come with sealed ball bearings and the bearings are not listed by CC as seperate parts, hence my question. I see some dealers quote for an outer race for post 2003 carts but I would be interested to know if anyone has actually done the replacement.Tks
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:57 AM   #4
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

GolfDog,
Thanks for the info! I think some of these "improvements" really aren't.

My 2000 VW Jetta has sealed ball bearings in the rear hubs instead of the conventional tapered roller bearings used in my 1991 Jetta. They're expensive and difficult to replace, albeit they seem to last a long time. Looks like CC took the same tack.

Onward and upward!!
jdunmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car