lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #1
cpc12
Not Yet Wild

Default Need Help with Lights Install

I just received a light kit from Justgolfcarts.com

The instructions are very limited. There are several wires on the harness that are not notated in the instructions. The instructions are for an older cart than mine too. I have a 08.5 precedent and the instructions are for the older carts with the divider in the middle.

Below I posted pictures and questions.

Please have a look. I would prefer to install these without paying someone.

Thanks

Image One:

This photo shows 2 wires coming off the front headlight harness, not sure what they are there is no instructions for these wires one in orange and one is black.

Image Two:

This Photo shows a connector that are not noted in the instructions ..

- not sure if this is needed but figured I would ask.

Image Three:
[IMG][/IMG]

- This photo shows the tail light connectors and 5 wires Im not sure of

there are 3 wires( black, brown and red ) , then a blue wire then a black wire.

Im sure some of these connect to the battery but the instructions are very vauge.

Has anyone seen these lighte and harness before ?

Below are the instructions that were included

Any Help would be great
cpc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #2
JasonsGolfCarts
Getting Wild

Default Re: Need Help with Lights Install

It appears that you have a Redhawk light kit and the instructions are not great. Check out the instructions for Precedent light kits on the Madjax website http://www.mymadjax.com/index.cfm/m/...0Instructions/
Also look at the instructions for the Madjax "bucket harness" installation (same webpage). These are not the exact same light kit but they are installed very similarly and may provide some help. As always, check the voltage running through your wiring prior to connecting headlight and tail lights or you could blow the bulbs.
JasonsGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #3
devon
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

honestly if the harness becomes too much i would simply do it myself. to many loose wires and sometimes the switches in the kits become garbage after the first real mud trip or it sets in the rain. i would go out get 4 $5 things of (3) red and (1) black wire,[14 guage] and a waterproof twin switch. all by hand and no problems... being a guy with time on his hands is worth it if the time is less than figureing it out to see the switch fail which depends on the kit......
devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #4
Judson951
Not Yet Wild

I just went thru this on my cart as well.

You do not hook up the black, brown and red wires.

The black and blue wire will connect to battery number 3. You should be able to look right behind the third battery and it will be prewired. The connections are very easy.

I used a coat hanger to get the taillight harness thru the holes I cut.

Hope this helps.
Judson951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #5
Judson951
Not Yet Wild

Also the orange and black wire in picture one you do not hook them up as well. They are for a horn or turn signals.
Judson951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #6
devon
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ok what i would do is look for 2 things now that i got my eyes adjusted to see what is there. find the wire that hooks to the switch and is seperate from the harness....battery wire..... hook it up and get out the volt meter. it says horn optional.... so safe to say you might have it in there. (constant 12 with off or on.) next turn switch on and off and find the 12 volts that move with the switch. next look for what YOU need for the lights you have.... then find the ground. easy to do also. the quick way is to never hook it to the harness and ground it to a single wire you run back to the battery or look for it to be coming out of the same harness as the battery wire.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #7
cpc12
Not Yet Wild

The box did show a red bird on it...

There is also a blue wire with a inline fuse.

The directions showed this wire hooked up to the battery but I could not find where the second end went..

DO I need to take power from the 1st battery only or leave the blue pig tails on the 1st and 3rd battery ?
cpc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #8
devon
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

unfortunatly i do not know, i have a gas ezgo. i did go to college for motor work though and learned a lot about all the usual, including a lot of different types of wiring so the best thing to do is to wait a day or two unless you want to rough it out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car