lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #1
Jetmecman
Not Yet Wild

Angry 98 Club Car DS 48vdc clicks but won't move

I've got a 48V club car with new batteries (full charge and verified ) , good cables, and a relatively new controller. It was working fine and then one day nothing. Won’t move in fwd. or rev. the whole wiring system and switches check out including the pedal-POT and micro switch. The controller is getting all the correct signals and has a green light. The solenoid clicks, the fwd and rev switch works and the run tow switch is good. Still won't move. Where to go from here? What does the OBC do? Can I remove/bypass it? Could it be the issue?
Jetmecman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 98 Club Car DS 48vdc clicks but won't move

is it a DS or reagan? is F&R a lever or rocker switch.............does charger work on cart???........................................... .......
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 02:00 PM   #3
FannyBond
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 98 Club Car DS 48vdc clicks but won't move

I have a 1998 Club Car DS with lift kit and custom wheels and oversized tires, and I am having the same issue. My cart was only doing reverse and now won’t move at all. Solenoid will click, a couple of times and then nothing.
Charged batteries and batteries individually read 9.24 to 9.45. Pressed on pedal two times and they have dropped to 8.14 to 8.25. I am replacing all 6 batteries, obviously, but I sm wondering if I am also looking at a switch and solenoid issue as well? I replaced one solenoid last summer, (yes I know I should have just done them both then).
Would also appreciate ideas in battery replacement options. I ride everyday for about 2-3 hours total. Just myself and two large dogs, paved lake roads, some grass pasture, country roads.
FannyBond is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car 1998, won't move
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car