lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2009, 10:53 AM   #1
bigfoot216
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Need advice on buying 97 g16 gas

I am looking at one in very good stock condition and they have gone through and replaced the belt, oil, pug, filters,and new seats.

I was wondering if $1300 was a good price for something in this year range?
Also was wondering if there is anything I should really be looking for when I look it over b4 paying for it? like maybe something that is commonly found to be wrong with this year or this model?

Thanks,
Scott.
bigfoot216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2009, 11:14 AM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Need advice on buying 97 g16 gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfoot216 View Post
I am looking at one in very good stock condition and they have gone through and replaced the belt, oil, pug, filters,and new seats.

I was wondering if $1300 was a good price for something in this year range?
Also was wondering if there is anything I should really be looking for when I look it over b4 paying for it? like maybe something that is commonly found to be wrong with this year or this model?

Thanks,
Scott.
Sounds like a great deal for that price. Does the engine smoke? Do you hear a "growling" noise from the transmission/secondary drive? Last, could you jack up the front end and check king pin play and spin the tires for wheel bearing noises? Good luck Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:17 AM   #3
bigfoot216
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for the reply,
I will be going to do inspection on it in a few. He said he would put it up on the lift for me so I can inspect it all I want. I like your ideas, thanks again.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:30 AM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Thanks for the reply,
I will be going to do inspection on it in a few. He said he would put it up on the lift for me so I can inspect it all I want. I like your ideas, thanks again.
Now thats what I call a great seller. Better take the cash and a trailor or truck to bring it back home. Really sounds like a great deal. Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:45 AM   #5
bigfoot216
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

lol, I was counting out the cash when I was reading this post, and I just came in from hooking up the trailer

I will defiantly be looking over it good, but this dealer has a really good reputation. I own a lot of boy toys, but am new to the golf carts. I did my research and imo it looks like yamaha is the right one for me. The lift and other goodies will be coming soon.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:42 PM   #6
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Quote:
lol, I was counting out the cash when I was reading this post, and I just came in from hooking up the trailer

I will defiantly be looking over it good, but this dealer has a really good reputation. I own a lot of boy toys, but am new to the golf carts. I did my research and imo it looks like yamaha is the right one for me. The lift and other goodies will be coming soon.
Yammi's rule.dont forget to post pics of your new buggy and the build.good luck.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #7
bigfoot216
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Got it! drives great good steering and motor runs like new!! only problem I can see is the support bars in front ( under the vertical foot rest ) is rusted out. is this normal for a 1997 ? I took a hammer and tapped the main frame and it was solid. I will be pulling the body and getting it painted when my wifes van is getting painted ( some idiot keed our new van ) so it will have a pretty new silver soon! maybe with flames if he want to ... hehehehehe.

I will post some pics soon, just got to figure out how to shrink them down to size. any help?

Anyways Im happy with the buy. So thanks for the advice

Bigfoot.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:19 PM   #8
kfp673
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Sounds like a great deal for that price. Does the engine smoke? Do you hear a "growling" noise from the transmission/secondary drive? Last, could you jack up the front end and check king pin play and spin the tires for wheel bearing noises? Good luck Dave
Sorry to change direction with this post but what does the "growling" noise mean? My G16 does that when I drift to a stop so I assume it is something with the clutch. Do I need to grease the clutch or do I just ride it out and replace something when it brakes? Thanks!
kfp673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha