lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2008, 07:33 PM   #1
bs8602
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Problems with a 2002 TXT

Cart was not starting good and has the herky jerkies at slow speed.I thought maybe it was the carberator.So, I had a friend replace my carb and choke cable on my cart it was still the same.(shows you i'm not too mechanically inclined)I figured it needed some cable adjustments plus steering was real loose and thought it may be tie-rods or somthing.I decided to bring it into the dealer.Dealer called today and told my girlfriend that the hard starting and jerking was due to a bad clutch that it was sticking or something and the clutch alone was 350.00(the price I can believe) and yes I needed the Tie rods.I thought the clutch had to do with pulling the cart when engaging not hard starting.Anyway he said he does not like sending a cart out without going thru everything and he gave her a long list of things that neede to be done for the small sum of somewhere around $950.00!Some of this just does not sound right to me.What do ya'll think?
bs8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2008, 08:16 PM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Problems with a 2002 TXT

The clutch(s) could have something to do with the 'herky jerkies'. As for the starting issue, did they mention a service with valve adjustment? In their defense, you need to list exactly what was in need of replacement - not just the $950.00 bill amount. A 2002 that has been is a fleet for the past 5 years would definately be in possible need of clutch replacements (both drive and driven). Did they mention belts? What is the labor charge?
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:22 PM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum bs8602..........................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:55 PM   #4
bs8602
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the welcome!I asked my girlfriend about what all he had told her he had to do and she couldn't remember.She did say it was 5.5 hours labor.I wished I hadn't been @ work where I could of spoken with him.It's not a fleet cart but we use it primarily at the beach on the gulf coast here in Texas.Thanks, Bill
bs8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO