lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2008, 08:19 AM   #1
notredave
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default F/R switch on 2002 ez-go

Roady89, if you're out there or anyone else, Is there a way to check the F/R switch with a meter or something to see if it is working? And is there a way that someone can point me to a manual or diagram on how to remove this switch? Any help would be greatly appreciated. My kids are out of school and their golf cart is dead and they're pressuring me, lol...
notredave is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2008, 07:31 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: F/R switch on 2002 ez-go

You need a volt/ohm meter and you can check for continuity. Grab a diagram or download a manual and you can see what's going on better.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:35 PM   #3
captkirknc
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: F/R switch on 2002 ez-go

I am pretty new to this site, but on the homepage there are some diagrams listed that include the PDS wiring diagram, including the F/R switch. If you look close, you will see that there are several sites listed that have PDF's and one is an E-Z-Go Service Manual. It gives a lot general information on PDS carts and details on troubleshooting and wiring. I didn't know a thing about PDS carts until I started reading the manual yesterday. The serivce manual lays it all out and is pretty easy to use and read. It is essential to be famliar with basic electronics and have and be able to use a multi-meter, preferably a digital one. If not, I would recommend you ask around for a local golf cart repairperson that works on the newer stuff with the more sophisticated electronics and pay the 40-50 bucks they charge to diagnose problems. It may hurt your pride, but it will usually save your wallet. Normally, they will let you watch if you want to learn. It appears in most cases, if the cart is acting weird and the symptoms are not consistent, that the controller is the culprit. I too, have got the 3-2 intermittently and changed the solenoid as indicated and did not fix the prolem. Have a new controller (on sale supposedly for $200) on the way, so I will know Monday if my erractic symptoms go away with a new controller. Have heard some people have bought and had luck with used ones, but am sort of leary about used electronic devices.
captkirknc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO