lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2010, 07:47 PM   #1
TonyS
Not Yet Wild

Default air cooled bike engine

Has anybody sucessfully installed a air cooled bike engine with out any cooling problems?
TonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2010, 07:54 PM   #2
monkeyboy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: air cooled bike engine

I watched acouple of vid's on youtube and some were running radiator fans in front of the seat. that's what I'm going to do with my atv engine. Any air flowing thru is better than none.... Right?
monkeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:59 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
I watched acouple of vid's on youtube and some were running radiator fans in front of the seat. that's what I'm going to do with my atv engine. Any air flowing thru is better than none.... Right?
I agree.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:14 PM   #4
richie
ZZGONE

E-Z-GO

Look up crazytasty on here.He put a kawasaki kz1000 motor in an ezgo.
richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:06 PM   #5
CRAZYTasty
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyS View Post
Has anybody sucessfully installed a air cooled bike engine with out any cooling problems?
define successfully. so far i have not encountered any cooling problems.
if i sit idle for long periods of time the engine heat begins to be uncomfortable.
as long as the cart is moving it's a non issue. good luck.
CRAZYTasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:06 AM   #6
monkeyboy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

What size fan are you running? I meausured mine last nite. It looks like it's 10" from floorboard to seat bottom. So it looks like I'm going to go with one (or two) 8" fans. Ebay fans only push 500cfm to 750cfm. I looked at summit racing... they have a $70 8" that it says pushes 2,100cfm! I'm afraid that fan will suck my pants off!
monkeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:29 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I've been temped to build a duct inside and a couple inches below the frame rails, put a fan(s) up front by the steering, and try to run it into the engine cooling intake too. Just for a clone motor but it might keep it cleaner in there and cool it better. I get tons of dirt all over everything in there I might close off the sides to get less from the front tires. With my lift I think the floor is over 18" high, I don't have an issue clearing things long as I don't have something ugly hanging under the cart, but I can't even see the frame. This clone I just did I ran a 2" pvc to the front off the airbox, seems to work well and you even hear a little growl out of it when you step on it if you are in front of the cart. You can also get hvac fan switches from grainger cheap to put on the engine to turn them on, or adjustable ones. Also read you can put a oil temp in the dipstick hole to monitor temps for air cooled engines....something few seem to do on carts but they do with gokarts. Of course I'm trying to keep it quiet so I don't want something out of the seat base.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!