lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2008, 05:23 PM   #1
EzGo Electric
Getting Wild

Post How does the Briggs Start?

Some know that I have the Briggs V-Twin 16HP motor, but it doesn't have the key switch on the motor, its just got the starter/generator on the bottom. So, I was wondering how do I get this started cause I'm going to get it bored and get new pistons tomarrow.

I've decided to keep it, cause I want to really want to install all of those performance parts and see how far I can get this motor. I completely cleaned out the motor and took it completely apart, cause the shop only wants the core and pistons. Heres a picture, I will post some more later I don't think you could tell while its all apart. But, yeah how would I get this to start?

EzGo Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2008, 12:01 AM   #2
4x4 CC
Frog Hunter

Club Car

Default Re: How does the Briggs Start?

Get a wiring diagram off of Briggs' site. Then buy the Briggs key switch and the plug that plugs onto it. ( its a kit to put a key switch to mount on the motor it self) Then extend the wires to the front where ever you want the switch to be mounted. This makes things really easy.
4x4 CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:53 AM   #3
shawn.m
Gone Wild

see my post on the briggs wiring diagram in my build post. I found a wiring diagram from the briggs yahoo.com club
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...install-2.html
shawn.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:50 PM   #4
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

You need to get the wiring diagram for the vehicle that engine came out of... That looks like the engine from a EZGO ST480... Briggs doesn't use starter/generators..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car