lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2017, 01:01 PM   #1
firerob6
Not Yet Wild

Default a proven set up for torque

I have a 1996 club car 48v series cart. My goal is to run 15 mph ..using stock tire size , but need more torque .Would like to know of a proven set up that is easy on the wallet. I have used plum quick bandit upgrade before , but just need a little more power than that.
firerob6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2017, 01:21 PM   #2
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Default Re: a proven set up for torque

Some of the more techy guys here on the forum may contradict me, but upping the amperage has a direct result on the amount of torque. Upgrade the controller to as high an amperage rating as your wallet will allow and upgrade your cables to lower gauge wires will probably yield the best bang for your buck. I built my cables out of used 0 gauge welding cable from EBay for about $50. Just swedge some ring terminals to it.
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 06:23 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Amperage equals torque. The problem with a 1996 DS is that the factory motor can't handle much amperage because the brushes are so small. I recommend a good aftermarket motor and a 500 amp Alltrax SR controller, 2 gauge cables, heavy duty solenoid, heavy duty F&R switch. That'll get you exactly what you're looking for.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 07:10 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The series carts make the most torque but they are also the most costly to upgrade. Mainly because of 2 factors.
1st all of the amperage that goes to the motor goes through the F&R . Result is $150-250 added upgrade depending upon the option selected.
2nd the series cart has many more cables than the sepex cart which raises the cost there too.

The result is cheap and high torque are hard to achieve together.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 08:08 AM   #5
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Go with one of these site sponsors and don't go cheap. You'll regret it or end up spending more in the long run with having to replace parts you cheaped out on.

If you get the most your wallet can handle, or just save your pennies until you can, you will not regret it. Promise.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car