lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2019, 08:53 PM   #11
somfas
Gone Wild

Default Re: Please help with wiring diagrams for Zeva BMS and Leaf

Thanks. Yeh I figure he’s prolly really busy. Seems like a good guy for sure and very helpful. I was just hoping someone may have a copy since I have been unable to get it from him. I’m sure he’ll get back with me when he gets a chance, just checking for an alternative solution. Thx
somfas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2019, 03:38 PM   #12
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'll post them here in case you didn't get them by email.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 03:50 PM   #13
somfas
Gone Wild

THNAK YOU!!! Never did get the emails, not even the most recent one to the new email address. But I have these now. Thanks again!
Old 07-21-2019, 08:03 PM   #14
somfas
Gone Wild

Thanks again Gary. I am electronically challenged so it took me awhile to makes sense of this even with the great plans. But, I do have a question for you and/or Sergio. He had mentioned you using a sleep switch and gigavic contactor. (edit: as I recall, he mentioned that). But, I don't see either on your plans. I almost have it all figured out how to wire this up for drop in for my cart. But I need some 10 and 18 gauge wire and Anderson Connector. Also, need to figure if I am using a LV or HV relay, or using a single Gigavic Contactor (per Sergio suggestion), and a sleep switch.

Also, if you don't mind, can you suggest a size for the 84v to 12v convertor I would need? (i.e. 180w 15a or more or less?) Right now I have a separate 12v accessory battery with a separate on board charger for it. But, it may be cleaner to do it like your plans show.

Thanks
Old 07-22-2019, 07:07 AM   #15
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by somfas View Post
I am electronically challenged so it took me awhile to makes sense of this even with the great plans.

I'm electrically challenged as well! If you want a good laugh or 5, read through my build thread... I certainly could not have built my cart without the help of all the folks on this forum! You'll get it done, just be patient.

But, I do have a question for you and/or Sergio. He had mentioned you using a sleep switch and gigavic contactor. (edit: as I recall, he mentioned that). But, I don't see either on your plans. I almost have it all figured out how to wire this up for drop in for my cart. But I need some 10 and 18 gauge wire and Anderson Connector. Also, need to figure if I am using a LV or HV relay, or using a single Gigavic Contactor (per Sergio suggestion), and a sleep switch.
I used the same setup for the sleep switch and Gigavac contactor as MCJEFE did on his build, I believe Pingeye3 worked with him on the wiring. Here is a link to the post #28 in his thread where he talks about the gigavac. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/all-t...ml#post1583021 Post #29 he talks about the sleep switch. That whole thread is a great resource for wiring the Zeva system!
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 01:14 PM   #16
somfas
Gone Wild

Thanks! I did see that thread and have that section printed out. I didn't realize he used the Gigavic Contactor. I will look into it further and see what I can find out.

Do you need the Anderson connector if you use the Gigavic contactor? Sorry, just learning some new terminology here and felt like the Anderson deal was for a quick disconnect.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:59 PM   #17
somfas
Gone Wild

I see that the schematic for the sleep switch and Gigavac is on the 16 cell BMS. I have the EVMS3 with two 12 cell modules. They don't have a sleep option, nor does the EVMS3. I do see that they ran the anderson connector right in front of the Gigavac, so I answered that. But, still confused on the proper set up since Sergio recommended the Sleep switch and the Gigavac but I don't see how to include those.
Old 07-23-2019, 05:10 AM   #18
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Thanks! I did see that thread and have that section printed out. I didn't realize he used the Gigavic Contactor. I will look into it further and see what I can find out.

Do you need the Anderson connector if you use the Gigavic contactor? Sorry, just learning some new terminology here and felt like the Anderson deal was for a quick disconnect.
Well I did not end up installing a Anderson connector for now. Seems most people on here are installing them. I am not sure if it really matters or not. I believe it is just more of a convenience thing. However, I would wait for the gurus to answer that question. I'm interested to hear their thoughts on it...

Quote:
I see that the schematic for the sleep switch and Gigavac is on the 16 cell BMS. I have the EVMS3 with two 12 cell modules. They don't have a sleep option, nor does the EVMS3. I do see that they ran the anderson connector right in front of the Gigavac, so I answered that. But, still confused on the proper set up since Sergio recommended the Sleep switch and the Gigavac but I don't see how to include those.
Well the 16 cell BMS that most of us have is being phased out apparently. I did a quick look at the Zeva website and didn't see a dedicated terminal for a sleep switch. In the EVMS3 manual it mentions that it has a sleep function that can be set for delay when in idle mode for 1 to 5 min delay in the settings. For our purposes it's not really what we're talking about... Then in the Multi purpose input section it says:

Join terminal to ground/chassis momentarily to wake the EVMS from sleep mode (without entering Running or Charging mode).
Note: Other MPI functions will still perform an EVMS wake up too

Didn't see anything in the EVMS3 12 cell manual about a sleep mode. Might be worth an email to Ian at Zeva to see if there is a reason they don't include the option.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:14 AM   #19
somfas
Gone Wild

Default Re: wiring diagrams for Zeva BMS and Leaf

Thanks for the info! I will get with Ian and ask about the sleep mode. I suppose I will order the Gigavac GV240 from him (??). Is that what you used? You just hook it up in line from the main pack to the main solenoid before the controller? Did you install a fuse between the gigavac and controller? How big? I'll have up to 83v through it. Thanks!
Old 07-23-2019, 09:12 AM   #20
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: wiring diagrams for Zeva BMS and Leaf

Quote:
Thanks for the info! I will get with Ian and ask about the sleep mode. I suppose I will order the Gigavac GV240 from him (??). Is that what you used? You just hook it up in line from the main pack to the main solenoid before the controller? Did you install a fuse between the gigavac and controller? How big? I'll have up to 83v through it. Thanks!
In post #7 of this thread, I linked to the drawing I did for my layout showing how I wired it.

Well I'll have to go through my documentation to know for sure which Gigavac contactor I got and size of fuse. However, you may need different since you are doing a higher voltage setup. I frankly do not have the knowledge to be able to answer that for you. Maybe that's another question Ian can answer for you. Or possibly Sergio, Pingeye3 or some other guru on here.

I can say I ended up ordering my Gigavac contactor directly from Gigavac on their website. It was a little less expensive doing it that way, as opposed to ordering it from Zeva.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium