lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2019, 02:47 PM   #1
Crowe3
Not Yet Wild

Default Groan from rear end on acceleration

I have a 2004 Precedent that after an Alltrax upgrade it started to groan like dragging brakes on the drivers rear especially. I loosened the brake cables slightly and it gets a little better as far as groaning. The noise happens during acceleration and begins to subside at high speeds but is still present. The noise goes away if you release the accelerator. It’s a low pitched sound like two pieces of large metal rubbing together. Doesn’t sound like bearings. The noise is more prominent in the drivers rear than passengers. Any help is appreciated.
Crowe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2019, 03:46 PM   #2
Roxyflash
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Groan from rear end on acceleration

Have you jacked the cart up and turn each rear wheel by hand to feal for a drag situation make sure it’s in tow mode.
Roxyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 03:55 PM   #3
Crowe3
Not Yet Wild

I will be doing that tomorrow and checking for drag. Since most of the noise is coming from one side and the other brake engages quickly I’m pretty sure I have a bad return spring. I’ll post tomorrow. I’m lookin to get a video with noise as well to give everyone a better look at the situation. It’s just very weird it started after the Alltrax install.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:37 AM   #4
Fastest1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Wheel bearing most likely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Fastest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:18 AM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Could be a wheel bearing, or a bad motor bearing.
Is the alltrax set up to deliver more power to the motor? That would make a bearing problem much more evident.

I'd check the wheel end first. Remove the brake drums, check the axle hubs for play and spin them by hand and feel for roughness in the bearings.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 12:48 AM   #6
Crowe3
Not Yet Wild

I get no play on the hub last time I checked. I’m doing a full FSIP Motor swap Sunday so that will eliminate one possible cause. I’m more inclined to think bad motor but the isn’t originating from there but both axles make the noise with it being more prominent in the drivers side. I’ll check back after new motor install.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car