lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2018, 02:36 PM   #21
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Trojan Lithium?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag4ever View Post
Anybody taking bets on pricing.

I am placing my wager on $750 each for the 92 AH. Anything above that price point and they won't sell. Anything below that and they would sell like hot cakes! I would have gone that route if they had been under $750 each for 92 AH.
750$ a piece and one needs 4 is gonna be a non seller to most. Hell, they would be worth more than my cart. How would 4 equal in useable energy compared to 6 CR-190s? I am not up on this "conversion". Also wondering about serious cold. I know my Dewalt batts will work but won't charge if cold. Last winter we had a cold snap for a week and the local Chrysler dealership had a brand new pacifica electric they were forced to sell. Wouldn't do anything and when they asked the company about it, the reply was,,, get this,,, "OH, well the car doesn't run at those temps. wait for it to warm up some."
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2018, 03:01 PM   #22
DaveTM
Gone Wild

What I don't understand is why the 24-V Trillium's are 1/3 the weight, and much less in AH. I guess my thinking is like that of FA batts. More volts, more (bigger) battery. But they are showing less AH on the higher voltage.

MHO of pricing is for the 12-V, 92AH, they are going to be between $500 and $600. For a 48-V system you will need at least 4. So for about $2,000 is my best guess.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 04:43 PM   #23
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Well shucks! I would buy a set if they were 5 cents each Lucy from Charlie Brown
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 06:11 PM   #24
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Looking at pricing of similar lithium batteries that are offered on the market - 80 Ah - 12 volts sell for $1000 to $1100 each. 100 Ah 12 volts sell for $1050 to $1350 each !! But I don't believe they are selling too many at those prices.

It is hard to make direct comparison on the batteries, but it appears the Trojan have higher Amp-hr and discharge ratings than the ones presently on the market.

Pricing will certainly be interesting of the new Trojan Trilliums ... I kind of gasped at ag4ever's estimate of $750 for 92 Ah, but I am now thinking that could be low.

It is interesting times we live in with the changes in battery technology ... and with more changes to come!

I would be willing to test drive a set of 110 Ah lithium batteries on a heavy cart and do some cold weather performance testing ... Trojan, feel free to PM me
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 07:44 PM   #25
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

i'll wait until the new ram truck 48v li batteries start hitting the junk yards :D
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 07:50 PM   #26
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hey Three C!! You might be on to something! Call 'em up in the morning!!! Of course, if they fail in cold weather you will be forced to keep it hush hush. WE will never catch wind of it.
Old 10-29-2018, 07:52 PM   #27
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

With the comparison from flooded lead to LiPo you need to figure

1. Usable energy. FLA gives you about 50% rated capacity and LiPo is closer to 100%

2. Life of the battery. FLA are good for about 1500 cycles when discharged to 50%. LiPo is usually good for 4,000 cycles when charged to 100% and discharged to 20%. Trojan rates these at 5,500 if discharged to 20% and 4,500 cycles if discharged to 0%. (9,000 if discharged to 50%!!!)

3. Energy discharge rate. LiPo can deliver more instant amps than FLA. And do so with very little voltage sag.

4. LiPo batteries weigh 20% of FLA.

So, one of these new batteries should last 3 times as long as a similar 160 ah FLA with equal or greater range. There will still be a LiPo premium and FLA would be cheaper in the long run, for now, but....

NO MORE CHECKING ACID LEVELS!

NO MORE ACID SPILLS AND DAMGED CONCRETE SLABS!

BETTER CART PERFORMANCE!

If in doubt, ask anybody that has converted their cart to LIPo if they would go back to FLA, I bet there are no votes for FLA.

I hope the price is about $500, but I doubt it.

I have about $2,200 in my conversion, and I would have jumped at factory new LiPo batteries with 92ah for $3,000. YMMV.
ag4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:02 PM   #28
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks! What do you know about cold weather performance? Also one thought about the weight loss. Those of us who use our carts for work which includes towing will have to add weight to get back the performance lost by the batts. [Luckily I have about a ton of suitcase weights, just need to make a rack for them.]
Old 10-29-2018, 08:03 PM   #29
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCW View Post
... Trojan, feel free to PM me
I think Trojan will jump right on your offer!! Yeah!! Would I kid you?
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:07 PM   #30
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I guess most of y'all haven't thought about it but a guy like me with several 36v carts could get away with buying half as many batteries. Any reason that won't work with these?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car