lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2018, 01:32 PM   #1
jlscjs
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery charged but no go

I have my 36volt cart batteries fully charged ( at least on the carts meter), checked them with a volt meter and they all read 6.3 or better. Took it out for the first time and went about a city block and it would not go any farther. Press the pedal and the carts meter was is the red and just past into the green when I would let off of it. I have 3 new batteries installed this summer and 3 older ones that are still in it. I just checked the voltage on all while the charger is still plugged in and I get 8volts on the new and 6.5 on the older ones. Any ideas what is going on? Thanks
jlscjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2018, 01:49 PM   #2
nas
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Battery charged but no go

The old batts are most likely your problem. check the water level in them and make sure they are topped up with distilled water first but that would be my guess.
nas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:14 PM   #3
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: Battery charged but no go

As per the attached Trojan voltage chart, each of your 6 volt batteries should be charging in the 7.05 to 8.1 volts range.

It appears that only your NEW batteries are seeing a proper charge voltage (you report 8 volts), where your OLD batteries are only seeing 6.5 volts, which likely is not enough of a charge to put much into them.

Your case is a classic example of what you will read a lot on this forum, "Don't mix New batteries with Old batteries".

What is the age of your OLD batteries? Are they the same make and model as your NEW one?

I would think that if you did a load test on your batteries, you would likely see the OLD ones really dropping out, since your cart is dying after a block.

You could do some load testing on them, but I suspect that you will need to replace the OLD batteries with some IDENTICAL to your NEW batteries.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trojan Charger Voltage Settings.JPG (55.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Carts Unlimited State of Charge Chart.JPG (71.0 KB, 0 views)
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car