lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2017, 09:20 AM   #1
Molon Labe USA
Getting Wild

Default Factory Location for Voltage Reducer (G29)

I ordered a voltage reducer for my fleet G29 w/6-8V. This one:
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/12v-reducer--30a.html
Does someone have pics of how it's wired up and the factory location for one? I want it to go in the stock location and wire in like a factory one. Thanks!
Molon Labe USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2017, 09:39 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Factory Location for Viltage Reducer (G29)

The factory uses a plate that sandwiches behind the controller, dc converter mounts just below the controller, facing the same direction as the controller.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 10:03 AM   #3
Molon Labe USA
Getting Wild

Awesome. Thanks! Last question: what color wire on the ignition key do I wire the yellow wire from the DC converter to?
Old 01-27-2017, 10:25 AM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Not trying to jack this thread or anything. See my recent thread about the keyswitch. If your converter is like mine, the yellow wire is the positive side coming out of the converter that has been converted to 12v. Your keyswitch has already got 36 or 48 volts going to it. Don't hook it up until somebody who knows more about this than me gives you advice.

Looking at the diagram for yours, they show the converter over the key switch. Can't tell where it goes. BTW, your setup is different. Just trying to help.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 07:38 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Great point! Which convertor do you have?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 11:31 AM   #6
Molon Labe USA
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Great point! Which convertor do you have?
There's a link to it in my original post.
Old 02-09-2017, 02:29 PM   #7
Molon Labe USA
Getting Wild

I went to install this & thought I had it all figured out, but I don't. Coming off the key switch is 2 wires, red w/yellow stripe & red w/white stripe. The red w/yellow is on the side of the switch that is "ON". I want to tap into this wire near the battery pack, as opposed to running it all the way to the switch. I found a red w/yellow stripe wire that plugs into the RUN/TOW switch under the seat. Is this the same red/yellow wire from the key switch?
I ask because there is also a red w/yellow stripe coming off the FWD/REV switch up front as well (unless the key switch & the FWD/REV red w/yellow are one in the same).
I searched google for a wiring diagram for a G29 but came up w/nothing. Thanks!!!

Just found this link that has all Yammy wiring diagrams.
http://www.courtesygolfcars.com/yamaha-schematics
According to the one for the YDRE, am I correct in assuming the red w/yellow (RY) is all the same throughout the cart AND it's the one I need to connect the key switch wire from my volt. reducer to???
I plan on tapping into it @ the TOW/RUN switch.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:50 PM   #8
Molon Labe USA
Getting Wild

Default Re: Factory Location for Voltage Reducer (G29)

Still haven't figured this out. I checked the red w/yellow stripe wire & it shows a constant 42V, even though the pack was showing 51V. The other wire @ the key, red w/white stripe, shows 0V w/key off & 8 volts w/key on. ANY advice would be appreciated!
Old 02-13-2017, 05:40 PM   #9
Molon Labe USA
Getting Wild

Default Re: Factory Location for Voltage Reducer (G29)

***UPDATE***
Thanks to pandmautocare for checking his wiring & PingEye3 for the diagram. Both prove it is the RED W/WHITE STRIPE wire @ the key that I need for a key switched wire to power vol. reducer on & off w/the key. Thanks a ton guys!
Old 10-16-2020, 05:35 PM   #10
PillCosby
Not Yet Wild

I apologize for reviving an old post but I'm trying to use the search function. I'm looking for a location to install my voltage reducer on my 2016 G29. All of my accessories were wired to the batteries when I purchased it. Wouldnt it make sense for me to install my voltage reducer in this location since that's what the factory does (when its included)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
The factory uses a plate that sandwiches behind the controller, dc converter mounts just below the controller, facing the same direction as the controller.
PillCosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha