lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2010, 10:40 AM   #1
stconnector
Not Yet Wild

Default Help 16 HP Briggs

Members i am new to swapping motors, i want to put a 16HP Briggs in my hyundai cart.Could someone tell me how long the pto shaft needs to be, to fit a comet clutch and what model clutch.

Thanks for any help.
stconnector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
richie
ZZGONE

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help 16 HP Briggs

I believe at least 2-2.5 inches long.If longer you can play with engine mounting and spacers behind the clutch for alighnment.Good luck.It's worth it.
richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:39 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You really need to set it in there unless someone has done one. I put a clone in a Yami G9 and the carb is very close to the rear shock. Need to put the clutch as close to the block as you can on those to fit some kind of intake on the carb. Given the clone the carb sticks out the side and V twins don't.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:21 AM   #4
stconnector
Not Yet Wild

If i went with a honda GX390 13 HP, would that be easier to work with.I just want a good running cart.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:42 AM   #5
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

I would go with the Briggs 16 hp.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I'd think it would be easier to put a v twin in any day, I just did a 16hp clone and it was some work to plumb it because the carb is way at the rear of the cart and barely fits a G9. However the clone 16hp is dirt cheap, and there are all kinds of performance parts for it. It seems to run well now that I hogged the jet way out, certainly more power than the stock 9hp would ever do. Counting parts we must be ~$475 on total cost, plus we have a welder/etc in the shop. Lots of time to figure it out, but very cheap even a stock rebuilt G9 engine is $650 last I checked the dealer here....but not much work to bolt back in. I figured around $400 for bored rebuild myself on the stock engine or something like that. Now I have a brand new engine with near twice the HP for not much more cost. Well I will once I do mine this cart is family's.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:47 PM   #7
melissam01
Not Yet Wild

i also have a hyundai cart and need to change the motor, this was good info thanks
melissam01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:06 AM   #8
stconnector
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help, I ordered the 16 hp vanguard yesterday. I will start posting some pictures of the project soon. And i know i will need your help again.

Thanks Larry.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!