lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2013, 02:04 AM   #1
mexpol
Not Yet Wild

Question Yamaha G22 Roof Supports

It is possible that someone can measure the Roof supports for me of a Yamaha G22?

1 Front height from 90 bend to top?

2 Front length from 90 to 90?

3 Back length overall?

4 Back length from straight to bend and length after bend?

5 Thicken of tube also?

I have a G22A also but want to see if I can make the framing myself. Please this will be very helpful if you can.

Thank you,
mexpol
mexpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
snopro1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G22 Roof Supports

It's 1 inch square aluminum. I'd make if from steel if available. The design of the stock G22 rear roof support is, quite frankly, crappy. The G22 stock top is heavier than it's G14/16 predecessor. The stresses of the heavier top, seat back mounting, and off center drilling of mount holes at seat back cause premature bending and failure of the rear supports. The design of the G14/16 was much more durable and dependable. Yamaha redesigned the G22 roof to support a golf GPS yardage system. If your not going to use your top to support any gear I'd put a G14/16 top on. I can get you specs for both.
snopro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:07 PM   #3
mexpol
Not Yet Wild

I understand what you are saying. I still have no top yet so if I can make supports that fit one that is all that matters. I do have a back seat on the cart and have a lift kit on it. I see that there are holes behind the front seat backs and holes that are straighter to the back seat backs. what holes do I have to use? If you can help with meassurements it will be helpful too.
Thank you.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:26 PM   #4
snopro1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

The support design depends on the top you use.... there's 88", 80" and stock tops. The width and height of the front supports are more important if your going to add a windshield. I'd use the holes on your passenger (rear) seats. Get your top first. It sounds like your confident in your fabrication skills so go for it.
snopro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:45 PM   #5
mexpol
Not Yet Wild

I do want to add a windshield to it. Is the front support the same measurement on both? If it is can you send that measurements and I can do the back from there when I get a top. Thank you.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:44 AM   #6
j77l
Not Yet Wild

did you ever get the measurements for the front support. Looking to make one out of 1" steel... could use the measurements. Thanks
j77l is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha