lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2021, 02:04 PM   #1
CodyLee3282
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Bracket for rear shock/brake attachment

Hello,

I am lifting a 1983 Club Car. I don't think my cart has the stock bracket where the rear shock or the brake cable attaches. I have attached a picture of it. The lift kit has a plate to attach the shocks that have threads on top and bottom (not an eye on the bottom). And the replacement shock that I ordered came with the threads as well. It said it fit years 81+. If I remove this bracket, I won't have anywhere to attach my brake cables. It doesn't seem like I should leave this plate on with those big threads sticking out. Does anybody know if this is the stock bracket? If not, where can I find the stock bracket?

Thank you!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9828.jpg (207.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9829.jpg (202.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9830.jpg (201.5 KB, 0 views)
CodyLee3282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2021, 10:49 PM   #2
osiguru
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Bracket for rear shock/brake attachment

I had the same issue with my 82 CC/DS. I ended up cutting the threaded shock Jbolt off flush to the plate with a plasma cutter, then cut notches into the brake cable e-clip brackets.

This let me attach the spring over bracket u-bolt in reverse, capturing OE lower spring flange in the new notch outs. Here are some pictures of how I notched the stock brackets.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4479.jpg (138.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4480.jpg (184.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4481.jpg (131.8 KB, 0 views)
osiguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 01:18 PM   #3
CodyLee3282
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Bracket for rear shock/brake attachment

Awesome! Thank you for the reply. I guess that is the stock bracket. Looked like somebody made their own bracket. lol.
CodyLee3282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts