lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
Old Ezra
Not Yet Wild

Default Nose-Plastic.....

I see some Marathons with a plastic-piece on the front. It seems 88-up??? Will that piece adapt to a 84 hood?? I see some with headlights and some without. Don't really care about the H/L inserts. PN#'s??
Old Ezra is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2012, 07:00 AM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Nose-Plastic.....

Unfortunately, not really ... The 88-up nose cuts short and has a flat front, which is what the plastic cowl bolts to from the inside (and it's FAR more of a PITA than it sounds like to get one on or off, believe me)

You could *possibly* carefully cut off the mounting flanges and mount it right over your existing sheet metal, but the angle would be hokey and you'd be stuck with some exposed fasteners. might even have to shave some of the sheet metal off to make it fit/look correctly. Sorry about that :(
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:59 AM   #3
rjc799
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

what about changing the entire front, metal and plastic from an 89 onto say an 87?

THe only reason I am looking at this is trying to get a way to integrate headlights...
rjc799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:30 AM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I don't know if you can see them well in my avatar, try this:

These are micro 55w Halogens I picked up at Walmart for like $22 (they also have a 35w set for I wanna say $17 but why not go big?) ... Make sure you get the wide-angle beams or you'll be sorry riding through the woods at night (trust me, it's creepy not being able to see whats to each side of the cart right in front of you)

I made brackets out of aluminum bar stock (Home Depot, $6 for a 36" piece) that bolt right to the "firewall", the lights all but disappear unless they're on and it's a HUGE amount of light

Just an idea
Old 05-25-2012, 08:46 AM   #5
rjc799
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Looks Good!!! I may have to do that.... if I find out the entire front ends aren't interchangeable. Love the built in headlight look.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:53 AM   #6
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

the only thing I don't like about the setup (which is negligible) is that if I'm running through really tall grass at night it eats them up within about 10-15ft (they're only about 20" off the ground) - once I get around to finishing the CAD for the roll bar setup (and have it fabbed) I plan on throwing another set up on top of the bar, let those shine forward and then angle the lowers outwards to help give ne a little more light on the sides (we have about 300 acres, mostly wooded, and the trails I've blazed over the years can have some tight clearance so that sidelighting is extra-special to me, LOL)
Old 05-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #7
rjc799
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sounds AWESOME! Wish I had a third of that much land. Well I do have a third.......... of an acre.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #8
Old Ezra
Not Yet Wild

I see now what you mean BCM. It probably would take changing some sheet-metal.
Old Ezra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #9
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Yeah, I'm afraid it would be a little more than a simple "bolt-on" to swap a newer front end, sheet metal and all ... Hopefully this weekend when I take a ride into town on the cart I can stop by my buddies place - he's got an 87 which is just like yours, if I can get them "side by side" I might be able to give a little more accurate insight as to how difficult it would actually BE (other than finding a complete 88-up front end, that is)
Old 05-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #10
rjc799
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I look forward to the comparison! I am hoping that it is simple.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO