lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-25-2007, 02:40 PM   #1
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Default Yamaha Speed Spring

HEY JUST WANTED TO GIVE YOU GUY'S A UPDATE. I TOOK ROADY'S ADVICE AND HAD THIS BATCH OF YAMAHA SPEED SPRINGS PLATED SO NO ONE KNOWS IT'S IN THERE BUT YOU. SAME GREAT RESULTS WITH A NEW LOOK.
YAMAHA SPEED SPRING
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-25-2007, 03:22 PM   #2
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha Speed Spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom@Dixie Sales View Post
HEY JUST WANTED TO GIVE YOU GUY'S A UPDATE. I TOOK ROADY'S ADVICE AND HAD THIS BATCH OF YAMAHA SPEED SPRINGS PLATED SO NO ONE KNOWS IT'S IN THERE BUT YOU. SAME GREAT RESULTS WITH A NEW LOOK.
YAMAHA SPEED SPRING
I wish I would have gotten one like that. The red paint didnt last on the old ones.
Yamaha4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 10:20 PM   #3
hotwatermusic
Gone Wild

i used my GPS today to see how fast i was running. It said i was running 32mph thats with the gov. 10mm wrenched all the way down. my question is will this make my cart go even faster and will it send my motor into rpm overload and blow up??????????
hotwatermusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:40 AM   #4
roady89
nimda
Club Car

I think it will bump the rev limiter first.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 10:31 AM   #5
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Do G16s have a rev limiter? I have ran into a rev limiter on a G2 before, but not a G16. They rev and rev and rev until it just won't rev anymore. I never hear the spark cut like an RPM limiter does.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 01:36 PM   #6
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwatermusic View Post
i used my GPS today to see how fast i was running. It said i was running 32mph thats with the gov. 10mm wrenched all the way down. my question is will this make my cart go even faster and will it send my motor into rpm overload and blow
up??????????
I have the speed spring with my 10mm all the way down and it hasnt over reved yet! Of course I dont have the full Plowmans kit like you do, that might make a difference...
Old 12-26-2007, 06:57 PM   #7
hotwatermusic
Gone Wild

i have not purchased the plowmans kit yet Y4L. unfortunatly i needed the money elsewhere.
hotwatermusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 07:12 PM   #8
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwatermusic View Post
i have not purchased the plowmans kit yet Y4L. unfortunatly i needed the money elsewhere.
Oh sorry I got you mixed up with ELC!
Old 12-26-2007, 11:08 PM   #9
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

No the G-16 does not have a limiter. The spring will raise the rpm to raise the speed. However it will still keep it in a safe range. Example take 2 carts in one install spring put cart in neutral start it up and hold it to the floor for 5 minutes motor goes to 4200 rpm and stays there. shut cart down, Now on cart 2 bypass gov and start motor and hold to the floor for 5 minutes, Motor will go well over 5000 rpm and probably come apart. Now if you were to drag race the two carts they will go the same speed as the STOCK motor can not push the cart fast enough to reach the 5000 rpm in the bypassed cart. maybe it would going down hill but not on level ground.
The motor produces peak power (say 10 hp) at 2600-2800 rpm so even though it will run to 5000 rpm it may only make 5 hp at that rpm. It's not hard to figure out a 5000 rpm 5HP cant push a 600 pound cart 40 MPH if it could we would all be driven our carts on the freeway getting 100 mpg..
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 02:32 AM   #10
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I know this is early and probably a lot of you will laugh, but I am new to all this cart stuff, so I will ask anyway. Tom is there a speed spring for the old G1's? Or if I need more speed do I just kick harder with my feet.
Calvin
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha