lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2007, 05:37 PM   #1
JBDiNos
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default 1976 36volt Harley Davidson worth?

I found an older Harley Davidson electric cart. It has 4 wheels and is in very good shape. It needs new batteries but has a charger. Everything looks good on it. Only one small crack in the rear corner. Black with a flame paint job. What do you think this would be worth the way it sits needing new batteries? I know it's hard to say without any pics, but the body is in good shape. 300? 500 for starters?
UPDATE

It's a 1976 HD 36 volt. Overall in pretty good shape. Has a crack in driver side body and a cracked in passenger rear corner. I know one of the batteries is dry and found a crack in it, the other ones don't look real old so I'm gonna find a used battery and try to charge them. (or can I bypass the broken one and just charge 5 of them to see if the motor works?) All 4 tires have good tread. Seats and pretty much everything else is in good shape.
Here are the pics:

Last edited by JBDiNos; 11-05-2007 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: UPDATE
JBDiNos is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2007, 05:43 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Harley Davidson worth?

IMO...around $300 tops. I wouldn't go $500 because it needs batteries.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 07:19 PM   #3
JBDiNos
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I can buy it for 200.00 but was looking to turn around and resell it.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:53 PM   #4
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Does it run? Not a bad buy if it runs but needs batteries just because they need replacing because of age. If it DOES NOT run because it NEEDS batteries then I would walk far, far away. I would not buy it and then buy batteries and turn around and try to sell it....at least not around here anyways.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 09:53 PM   #5
JBDiNos
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I'm not sure, the guy who has it I have known for along time. The family has money and always took good care of their stuff. He just doesn't need it and its sitting in his garage. He told me that it runs great but the batteries are around 6 years old and don't hold a very good charge. It was in the back of his garage today with stuff all cluttered around it. He said he would get it out so I could look at it tomorrow. I'll check it out and take some photos of it.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:12 PM   #6
JBDiNos
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I got some good batteries for it finally (DEKA Pro Masters) and it runs great. Well except for the brakes and I can't find anyone who knows how to adjust them. It has the brake on the end of the motor with two small discs like a disc break on a car.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:21 PM   #7
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

i would give $100 tops for it, if the brakes are shot i would think that parts are real scarce for it
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:02 PM   #8
JBDiNos
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The brakes aren't shot. they are brand new and I am not sure how to adjust them. I am not sure how the previous owner got it, but its the whole disc brake assembly.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:27 PM   #9
loopygroup
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

???

Last edited by loopygroup; 05-28-2008 at 09:30 PM.. Reason: Remove did not see date
loopygroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:39 PM   #10
golfcartsrforfishin
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Try to buy it as cheap as you can..thats if your looking for a project. Just got my 3wheeler HD elec back to fully operational status and the upholestery is gona look good also. Thats the thing, to make it nice and sound where either you keep it or sell. You have the charger..I had to find and fix one. I had to do alot of multimeter troubleshooting with a basic understanding of how the juice flowed!?? Replaced the high speed switch $20 and the glass tube with a $50 solid state plug-in from vintage carts but in reverse order haa!! So the 50was for fun and yes it hurt... Any way if you enjoy a good challange as do I "Goooo for it" Most normally the motor will be good. Look for big fat fresh batteries (all 6) dont jack around goin cheap, thats the big expense but worth it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1316.jpg (122.8 KB, 3 views)
golfcartsrforfishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson