lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2022, 11:35 AM   #1
FL3TCH L1V3S
Not Yet Wild

Default Jake’s Lift Front Leaf Stack: Should I Remove One For a Better Ride With Lithium?

Going with a 4” Jake’s A-Arm lift and upgrading to lithium on my 2007 Precedent. Looking at the lift, the front appears to have “heavy duty” springs, a double stack. Has anyone tried removing the smaller spring when installing the lift? I’m thinking the double stack is going to be too much spring based on losing the weight with the lithium swap.

Has anyone tried this? I searched threads and only found one guy talking about thinking about doing it, but never found a result. Unless I hear from you guys that it’s a terrible idea, I think I’m going to give it a go this evening when I install my new lift.

Advice please, thanks!
FL3TCH L1V3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2022, 12:10 PM   #2
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Jake’s Lift Front Leaf Stack: Should I Remove One For a Better Ride With Lithium?

Ive lifted a couple of my carts and always found myself wanting more stiffness in the suspension afterward if anything... YMMV but even the slightest turns at higher speed can make the cart feel a lot less stable than stock.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 01:17 PM   #3
FL3TCH L1V3S
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Jake’s Lift Front Leaf Stack: Should I Remove One For a Better Ride With Lithium?

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
Ive lifted a couple of my carts and always found myself wanting more stiffness in the suspension afterward if anything... YMMV but even the slightest turns at higher speed can make the cart feel a lot less stable than stock.
Thanks for the tip! No pun intended… I didn’t get around to the install last night, the wife had other plans for me. I guess I can install it the way it is and try it out for a bit. I can always remove the leaf later to see what it’s like if it seems too stiff.
Old 12-06-2022, 08:31 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

On the Jakes kit I probably wouldn’t remove the extra leaf right away. The front end of the cart is mostly carrying your weight, so it’s more affected by the weight of the riders than by the battery pack.
If it’s a brand new lift kit Run it for a few weeks and let the front springs settle in a little. If it still rides too rough then consider some modifications.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 07:01 AM   #5
FL3TCH L1V3S
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
On the Jakes kit I probably wouldn’t remove the extra leaf right away. The front end of the cart is mostly carrying your weight, so it’s more affected by the weight of the riders than by the battery pack.
If it’s a brand new lift kit Run it for a few weeks and let the front springs settle in a little. If it still rides too rough then consider some modifications.
Thanks for the advice. I’m replacing an old Rhox 6” spindle lift with a 4” Jake’s A-arm…. Replacing the bushings, shocks, tie rods, hubs - basically everything underneath the whole cart. I’ll report back, just waiting for the weather to cooperate a little bit!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car