lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2022, 10:46 PM   #1
tcanthonyii
Not Yet Wild

Default Scored on market place tonight

Picked up a basically complete engine for $60. Came with clutch, carb, coil and starter/generator. I’m sure it needs rebuilt but does seem to have a bit of compression. The carb is total junk. The shafts are totally wallered out. Points are crusty but there is a points plate in there complete. Figured I’d do a freshen up on it and a spare for my 95.

Found out a month or so ago that mine had been eating dirt for an unknown period of time as the air tube had popped off the carb. I live in gravel streets so I’m sure it ate a bunch and it runs worse than it has. Hopefully the clutch and generator work out as spares as well. The rest is easy. I had totally rebuilt the one in mine including new bearings.
tcanthonyii is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2022, 03:50 PM   #2
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Scored on market place tonight

I know how that feels to find out the motor is junk and you have to rebuild it just went through that with my old ezgo
Leon willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 01:52 PM   #3
tcanthonyii
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon willis View Post
I know how that feels to find out the motor is junk and you have to rebuild it just went through that with my old ezgo
I’m expecting a rebuild. I was under no delusions that it’s good. I bought it for parts. Mainly the cylinder so I can have a bored out one on the shelf ready to fly. If I can make it run that’s a bonus.
Old 11-30-2022, 08:14 PM   #4
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you are in Ohio forte’s machine shop dose good work for cheap
Old 12-01-2022, 09:10 PM   #5
tcanthonyii
Not Yet Wild

Finally had some time to sit down with it tonight. The starter/generator works great so that’s worth the price alone. Points plate is in tact which is also worth the price. There alone was all bonus.

The bad is the fan obviously sat in water for years. The clutch cover screws all broke off. Shocking I know. The engine in my cart doesn’t even have a cover so I’m not to worried anyway. The cylinder is scored pretty bad but it appears to be a standard sized piston which means good meat to bore it. I found a shop an hour from me that can do it and pretty inexpensive too. Found them by accident so I’ll probably take it in one of these days.

I didn’t have a belt small enough or I would have tested the compression for giggles. I have extra seals and such so I think I’ll do a full case split check bearings and reseal the case valves and install new seals. Make a complete spare engine kit if it. I’m sure Todd has a fan for inexpensive then I’ll just have a spare on the shelf ready to go.

Still think I scored. Just a few of these parts were worth it and the whole thing is complete.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 06D1A338-803C-4F93-B87D-DF2F9BFF04AD.jpg (206.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 452FB064-BC56-4A4D-8891-08286C452220.jpg (160.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CB643BCD-D7FC-4714-9E85-AD774B5DB21A.jpg (221.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-02-2022, 09:07 AM   #6
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I never found a cheap fan for one of those but as you say the S/G is worth $'s AND if the crank/rod combo is good BIG $'s. The rod-crank rollers and crank pin are nearly made of unobtainium. Certain cranks halfs are getting scarce. Funny I sold both my accel set up point plates almost as soon as I posted them on E Bay. Another BIG $ item would be that primary clutch if it just needs some cleaning up. Killer score for $60
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 06:24 PM   #7
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Wow never have I ever ever saw a fan that ate up dang I have seen a crusty Ezgo but is a hole new level of ate up
Old 12-03-2022, 11:06 PM   #8
KartMan154
Gone Wild

Club Car

Good score, keep us posted on the Rebuild.
KartMan154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 10:29 PM   #9
KartMan154
Gone Wild

Club Car

Did you ever get around to rebuilding the motor?
KartMan154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 10:39 PM   #10
tcanthonyii
Not Yet Wild

No. It’s low on the totem pole of projects. Need to pull the jug and take to machine shop.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar