lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2022, 10:30 AM   #1
AV2101
Not Yet Wild

Default Can't figure out year of Gas EZGO

Is anyone able to help us identify the year of our gas EZGO Textron? We purchased it new in Feb. 2019 but never noticed that the serial # plaque was not on it (we see where it used to be by the passenger feet, as the screw holes are still there).

We were told it was a 2018. We checked everywhere, on every part of the frame and parts but there are no numbers. The serial number listed on the bill of sale was 3121618, if that means anything to anyone.

As a last resort, we are seeing if anyone familiar with working on these carts may know how to identify its year. The seller was reputable and was in his location a long time, but has since retired and closed. The aftermarket windshield states 2018, and the Kawasaki starter says 2016, but we hear that the starter date doesn't necessarily mean the year. If any additional pics are needed please let me know. Thank you

PXL_20220509_203025033.jpg
PXL_20220509_203047143.jpg
PXL_20220509_203139491.jpg
PXL_20220509_202950943.MP.jpg
AV2101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2022, 10:41 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Can't figure out year of Gas EZGO

Lift the back seat and look for a sticker on the frame rail above the engine. It will have the date code on it. If it not there I would question the age.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 12:20 PM   #3
AV2101
Not Yet Wild

Thank you, didn't know I had a reply. We have checked everywhere. I will look again but we were underneath it and even had it on a lift. Do you know what is done when there is absolutely no numbers on the cart? Is it considered salvage? Might be a good new thread to post. There would have to be some way to inspect this cart to get a rebuilt title issued.
Old 11-28-2022, 12:32 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I don’t know what state you’re in, but I’ve never lived in a state where they issue titles for golf carts unless they are street legal. In which case, they have to be inspected by the dmv where they will assign an actual 17 digit vin with the title.
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 04:47 PM   #5
AV2101
Not Yet Wild

I am in Florida and yes, everyone uses them where we are in New Smyrna Beach and they are street legal. I've only used mine within my community so I haven't needed for it to be street legal. But we are trying to sell it and people want to make it street legal, but can't without a serial or VIN. I found today the DMV where they inspect it to make it street legal, but their paperwork asks for a VIN. And that's where I hit a dead end. I could go in and speak to them because I seem to only be getting a voicemail when I call.
Old 11-28-2022, 04:52 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Your cart came from the factory with just a serial number. No vin. Only the 2-five cart has a vin. It is my understanding in Florida you take your serial number and apply for a vin and a title. You have one on the paperwork so if you can’t find one just run with that.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 04:01 PM   #7
AV2101
Not Yet Wild

Ok, I will try that. Very helpful thank you. And I'll update you just for future reference too. Thanks so much.
Old 12-04-2022, 02:50 PM   #8
AV2101
Not Yet Wild

I sold the golf cart to someone who didn't need to make it street legal, but we all discussed it and think you are right. Serial number and then apply to DMV for title and VIN. Sound advice. Thank you for your help.

Tags
ezgo, gas, identify
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO