lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2022, 09:59 PM   #71
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Allied Lifepo 48v charger status LED remains green

Here is my SWAG on this generic charger. I've had my cheap Chinese charger fail 4 times. Three of those times it was the 110/220 voltage selector gone bad and the fourth was the on/off switch bad. My guess is that it's an onboard charger and the moist air gets in the case and corrodes the switch contacts. I replaced the voltage selector switch twice but the third time I just wired it permanently on. Did the same with the on/off sw. This is the kind of charger I'm talking about.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 616ubWM52gL._AC_UY218_.jpg (10.7 KB, 0 views)
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-03-2022, 02:00 AM   #72
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

It’s more likely cheap switches paired with a relatively high current on the 110v side. Wiring it permanently on is a good solution.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 11:49 AM   #73
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
I also use variable voltage/current switching power supplies as my lithium chargers. The one mounted in the cart is 60v (turned down to 57.4v), 33A maximum. I've got enough current limited laboratory power supplies that I can press into service as a lithium charger should the main one go faulty.
I typically use mppt solar charge controllers but I do own a 15a 30v CC power supply that Ive used to balance/charge my cells.

Personally I think many of these companies take advantage of the typical customers ignorance in battery tech to sell more stuff.
I used to service engineering printing equipment at ford.... For a company that touts to only use genuine ford motorcraft parts they sure like to ignore that type of montra when it came to the cheap bootleg ink cartridges they used which caused nothing but issues over and over...
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 12:05 PM   #74
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
I typically use mppt solar charge controllers but I do own a 15a 30v CC power supply that Ive used to balance/charge my cells.

Personally I think many of these companies take advantage of the typical customers ignorance in battery tech to sell more stuff.
I used to service engineering printing equipment at ford.... For a company that touts to only use genuine ford motorcraft parts they sure like to ignore that type of montra when it came to the cheap bootleg ink cartridges they used which caused nothing but issues over and over...
I think they push the genuine motorcraft parts for quality control and job security. They’re worried that aftermarket parts are better and might fix the car so it quits breaking
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car