lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2022, 12:30 PM   #11
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Dumb Lithium question - Why some very low Prices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
To buy 16 EVE 120AH cells from docanpower.com will cost you $1200 plus shipping. You will probably be over $1500 by the time you get cables/connection straps, enclosure, BMS.
correct, I was initially building a 36v pack and that was mistakenly going by that... the BMS I bought was $100.. the cells come with the hardware to connect together.. I also bought a balancer board for $40

honestly thier 120ah cells for $7 more each are a better value.
Ive bought 230ah cells from there and they are fantastic.

I bought my cells here and will report back on results.
they have been around for at least 3 years and Ive seen mostly good feedback in threads on other forums as well as aliexpress. some seller use fake feedback but these are real.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/22518...andl_shipto=US
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2022, 12:35 PM   #12
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

No they are not LiFePO4. Most EV's including my Tesla use NMC chemistry. It has higher C rating in general and it's just fine if you don't over/under charge them. My first Leaf pack has been in my cart for over 6 years now. Not a bit degraded. My second Leaf pack is newer and the batteries were more used when I got them but it too works very well.
Leaf cells are listed as LiMn2O4 with LiNiO2.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 12:38 PM   #13
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If I were building a pack today, I would probably go with the EVE 120AH cells but I would have to mod my charger and BMS to work with them. One advantage to my Leaf cells is that you can get a very good estimate of SOC from the battery voltage - not possible with LiFePO4 cells. My display uses a table look up and interpolation to predict and display SOC from the pack voltage and it's probably good everywhere to 5% which is good enough for me.

When I got into Lithium, the Leaf cells were just about the only game in town. Not so anymore.
Old 11-09-2022, 12:47 PM   #14
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
No they are not LiFePO4. Most EV's including my Tesla use NMC chemistry. It has higher C rating in general and it's just fine if you don't over/under charge them. My first Leaf pack has been in my cart for over 6 years now. Not a bit degraded. My second Leaf pack is newer and the batteries were more used when I got them but it too works very well.
Leaf cells are listed as LiMn2O4 with LiNiO2.
Are you sure about that?
most Older EVs used NMC but many of them have shifted away from it from what ive read.
Ive even read Tesla is shifting to lifepo4 for all its US market cars.

https://insideevs.com/news/575956/te...ies-explained/
Old 11-09-2022, 01:12 PM   #15
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Tesla makes both. Mine is Panasonic cells which are not LiFePO4. The reason they use both is availability. They can't get enough Panasonic cells.
Old 11-09-2022, 01:15 PM   #16
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Most of the vehicles we currently make use NMC.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 02:47 PM   #17
mtollin
Gone Wild

A lot of great info, thanks. Then what about this, since it seems to be a reputable dealer some of you use? Already prebuilt, not sure what brand/model charger would need or battery meter. I did write them.

https://www.docanpower.com/index.php...product_id=496
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 04:03 PM   #18
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You need them to tell you how many cells they use (should be 16) and what charger they recommend. I have not seen or heard of their drop in battery and I have not heard of anyone here that has bought one. I don't see which cells (they sell several different brands) they use. I also would want to know what their current ratings are and what kind of meter they provide to monitor state of charge!
Old 11-09-2022, 07:54 PM   #19
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
You need them to tell you how many cells they use (should be 16) and what charger they recommend. I have not seen or heard of their drop in battery and I have not heard of anyone here that has bought one. I don't see which cells (they sell several different brands) they use. I also would want to know what their current ratings are and what kind of meter they provide to monitor state of charge!
They typically use a BMS like the JBD that uses a bluetooth app to keep track of state of charge. its actually pretty accurate once the bms learns from a cycle. most battery packs in solar or battery backups setups use the bms in this way actually.
I use one in my campers battery pack and it works quite well. once the bms sees the cells have reached 3.2v for example it would know they at are approximately 20% capacity. you can set it to alarm you or shut off at any voltage though in many cases.

with 180a discharging current its pretty impressive actually but I would be curious to know what cells they use as well. especially with its compact size. likely the EVE 100ah cells in 2 rows.

If you happen to look at the DIYsolarforum.com you will see this seller is fairly reputable.
Old 11-09-2022, 08:36 PM   #20
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I would like to know how many cells. Some drop-ins only use 14 cells which gives you a significantly lower voltage than 16 cells.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car