lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2022, 10:43 AM   #1
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default electric g8 with 22" tires and lift?

will it still be able to haul 4 people?

so I have a 93 g8 (36v) with a g16 body and I am in the process of adding lithium batteries and a solar roof. I bought a cheap 6" lift kit which is basically the jakes clone but I cant find info on how adjustable it is? I originally wanted to stick with 20" tires in fear of the torque loss from the larger tires but I think it will look silly.
I have just purchased a used alltrak spm48225 (225amp) controller for it to replace the stock controller but I dont know if even the 200/150/125amp power delivery of it will be an improvement over stock?
im not concerned with speed so much I just want the cart to be able to make it through mild terrain if possible with 22" tires...
I can upgrade to 48v but my understanding is that will be even harder on the motor and is more for speed than torque?
I can also build a custom volta (42v) pack but not sure thats wise either.

Does anyone else here have a similiar setup they can offer feedback on?
Thanks.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2022, 10:23 AM   #2
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: electric g8 with 22" tires and lift?

Wow I kinda figured id get more feedback on this but I went ahead and ordered enough cells to make a 48v lithium battery I figure ill be ok being that this will be used on a flat terrain campground. im going to go ahead and order the 22" tires as well but I think I may wait till the conversion to 48v is done.
Old 11-07-2022, 10:37 AM   #3
Walrus
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Maybe it's just me, but a 200A controller seems low for 22" tires. I have a 48v cart with 22" tires, upgraded regen motor, and 600A Navitas controller.
Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 11:11 AM   #4
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
Maybe it's just me, but a 200A controller seems low for 22" tires. I have a 48v cart with 22" tires, upgraded regen motor, and 600A Navitas controller.
yeah thats what I thought too in the beginning.
Do you have an ampmeter that shows you what your actually draing in real timethough? Most lithuim batteries have bms units that limit current to under 200amps unless its for a few miliseconds.
in some cases like the battleborn setups the current is limited to 100amps..
I found a video on youtube of a 48v cart popping wheelies with a lithium upgrade as well as a high amp controller but Theowner found the the highest amp draw he actually pulled was surprisingly low... Heres the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlD9mATCh5c&t=1s

and heres a graph of the amp draw he seen. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...at=interactive

The Big battery hes using in that cart is limited by the bms to a max continuous current of 150a and 200a for 6 seconds.. https://bigbattery.com/products/48v-pitbull/?ref=156
My spm48225 is limited to 200 amps for 2 minutes 150 for 5 minutes and 125 continuous..
The 105ah eco battery so many here use https://www.extremekartz.com/eco-bat...hoCCfkQAvD_BwE Is limited also to 600A max (3 sec), 300A max (30 sec), and 175A continuous discharge.

I have no doubt I would see a positive gain if climbing hills or pulling heavy loads but from what im finding so far from my reasearch, even with 4 people, on flat terrain ill be only drawing around 70 amps. I am open to data showing otherwise though as ive had a hard time finding much data at all that isnt heavily skewed with marketing.

I got the 225 alltrax controller on ebay for $175 and honestly if It looks like ill see real benefits ill likely upgrade it later. and honestly my concerns is whats going to prevent me from installing the lift and wheels until after I get the 48volt conversion done and doing some testing. but I was hoping to hear from folks that already found they actually needed these upgrades to support the 22" tires. I really dont want to have to drop another grand for a bigger motor and controller and I dont want to burn up the stock motor I have either.
Old 11-07-2022, 12:18 PM   #5
Walrus
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I can't measure the amps, my Navitas is the older TSX 2.0, not the 3.0 with bluetooth and diagnostics/displays.

I don't have lithium, mine is a 6x8v 48v Trojan setup. With two people on the back and the accel turned up on the wired remote I can pop wheelies.
Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 12:38 PM   #6
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
I can't measure the amps, my Navitas is the older TSX 2.0, not the 3.0 with bluetooth and diagnostics/displays.

I don't have lithium, mine is a 6x8v 48v Trojan setup. With two people on the back and the accel turned up on the wired remote I can pop wheelies.
you can easily add a shunt and amp meter though if you wanted they work externally to measure the current draw from the batteries (not that you need to im just saying, you dont need the controller to do it)

thanks for the input though.
Old 11-09-2022, 10:27 AM   #7
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

man I cant seem to make up my mind... now I think im going to sell the alltrax and get a curtis 1205m 500a controller with a 0-5k throttle sensor... also bought a economy 4" lift and think im going to settle on 20" tires instead of 22".
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts