lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2022, 11:32 AM   #1
Floyd9181
Not Yet Wild

Default Shock Question

hey guys, bought a 02 EZGO TXT awhile back that had a predator 670 in it with a 6" lift. Just ordered a new rack as steering seemed loose but also get a lot of sway while driving it down the sh*t paved roads here in town. checked toe and is good but shocks seem worn out as well, probably factory shocks.

My question is what shocks work best ?

is it best to go with a coil over setup ? or run the monroe or gabriel shocks ? or just go back factory ?
Floyd9181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2022, 01:13 PM   #2
Floyd9181
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Shock Question

Anyone ?
Old 11-03-2022, 01:23 PM   #3
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

I just went with standard shocks on the front and only 1 shock on the rear due to motor clearance issues and it rides just fine. A lot of the newer carts don't have rear shocks from what I've heard. If you want a little higher and stiffer ride you could use coil overs.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 01:33 PM   #4
Floyd9181
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Lenny View Post
I just went with standard shocks on the front and only 1 shock on the rear due to motor clearance issues and it rides just fine. A lot of the newer carts don't have rear shocks from what I've heard. If you want a little higher and stiffer ride you could use coil overs.
Thanks for the info -- Mine has both front and rear shocks.. I have seen some say the monroe and gabriel shocks work well.. Kinda worried a coilover will be to rough
Old 11-27-2022, 10:14 AM   #5
edge800
Not Yet Wild

I would stick with stock because they are dampers not shocks meaning they only work one way. I made the mistake of ordering monroe car shocks that crossed over from a sixties mustang I think and the ride was very rough.
edge800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 11:16 PM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Coil overs added to the leaf springs will be rock solid and teeth chatteringly rough. The front leaf springs on the ezgo are notorious for losing their spring. If they are old, replace them and the stock shocks, you'll thank me later.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts