lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2022, 12:46 PM   #1
Aggiesdm
Getting Wild

Default Pioneer 1200 owners…where you at?!

Hey all. I have a 2001 Pioneer 1200 that I’ve been slowly rebuilding with a lot of advice and help from this forum! I recently rebuilt the FE350 and the transaxle and she seems to be running pretty good although the clutch is getting replaced today due to the idler bearing being shot. CC says that bearing is not available until next year, so I’m taking a chance on an after market clutch. Fingers crossed that it’s not complete crap.

Wondering if there are other Pioneer owners out there? I’ve seen very few posts on these carts, so thought I’d start a thread to swap info.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 0F88ED86-E2BF-4D08-A660-D96BD8369489.jpeg (136.2 KB, 0 views)
Aggiesdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2022, 12:53 AM   #2
Aggiesdm
Getting Wild

Default Re: Pioneer 1200 owners…where you at?!

Really?? Nobody?

I’m a unicorn with a Pioneer!
Old 10-31-2022, 01:26 PM   #3
Aggiesdm
Getting Wild

Now I'm just super curious if there are any other Pioneer owners on BGW? I know they sold a lot of those carts!

Anyone?? I'd like to see if/how you modified your cart. I've done a few things like adding a light bar and ditch lights from Amazon ($3 and painting rims black, etc.

I like cart because it has an electric dump bed and its seems to be pretty strong around my property. I was able to pull my 6'x10' utility trailer loaded with 650# of scrap metal on it, pretty easily. i've also loaded it with probably 300# of firewood in the bed with no problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EC96EA7F-5A67-46F1-831F-2D9D1D9235B9.jpg (264.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-28-2022, 01:08 PM   #4
87parcar
Not Yet Wild

I recently got a 2002 Pioneer 1200. I got it running pretty well. The transaxle will lock up when attempting to shift to reverse. At least forward works!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (132.4 KB, 0 views)
87parcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 11:16 PM   #5
Aggiesdm
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87parcar View Post
I recently got a 2002 Pioneer 1200. I got it running pretty well. The transaxle will lock up when attempting to shift to reverse. At least forward works!
Hi 87parcar, apologies about the late response. I stopped watching this thread after no one responded for so long.

Anyway, I had the same issue with my cart and ended up rebuilding the rear end. The culprit was a bad bearing on the input shaft. Ended up replacing both of them and it shifts in reverse like a champ now. Apparently this is a known issue with these transaxle and there’s some good info out there on how to do the job. I bought Brad P’s book and it was a great step by step guide.

Good luck and cool Cart!!
Old 03-09-2023, 12:06 AM   #6
jmeywvu
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My wife and I bought a used 2002 Pioneer when we bought a house with a little more property. Love the thing, it's generally made life much easier, but for the life of me I can't get the thing to consistently start and idle from a cold start. For the first few minutes of running, I either have to hold the choke in or rev the engine or it'll die. After it's warmed up, it'll usually idle fine.

Now, I know what you're thinking: adjust carb, adjust idle, etc. I even disassembled the carb and fuel pump to clean them and still had the same problem. If I adjust the idle up any more, the clutch engages and then it's almost impossible to get it in gear. What am I doing wrong? Side note, the thing is a dog going up hills too.

Any ideas?
jmeywvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 08:46 PM   #7
Aggiesdm
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeywvu View Post
My wife and I bought a used 2002 Pioneer when we bought a house with a little more property. Love the thing, it's generally made life much easier, but for the life of me I can't get the thing to consistently start and idle from a cold start. For the first few minutes of running, I either have to hold the choke in or rev the engine or it'll die. After it's warmed up, it'll usually idle fine.

Now, I know what you're thinking: adjust carb, adjust idle, etc. I even disassembled the carb and fuel pump to clean them and still had the same problem. If I adjust the idle up any more, the clutch engages and then it's almost impossible to get it in gear. What am I doing wrong? Side note, the thing is a dog going up hills too.

Any ideas?
Hmm. I’m not an expert here, but does seem like something with the carb to me.

Did you make sure to clean the float and the plunger and all this little bits and passages in there? If I recall, there’s a little idle jet too, but I’m not 100%

I think it’s circled in my attached pic. I had to clean it really well to get a good idle. My cart is at not at my house right now, so I’m a little remiss.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8397F350-DEA4-4F05-9D02-E67511376E20.jpg (64.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-12-2023, 08:47 PM   #8
Aggiesdm
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeywvu View Post

Any ideas?
As far as it being a dog on hills, I agree but after I rebuilt the motor with new rings and whatnot…it improved significantly. Not gonna win any races but it gets up fine now.
Old 12-18-2023, 06:15 PM   #9
210glenn
Not Yet Wild

Where do you find parts?
210glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car