lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2022, 05:21 PM   #1
Lostwave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club Car Villager 6 DS Rebuild

I have a 2004 Club Car Villager 6... For whatever reason, the villager uses the older F/R lever instead of the rocker switch like the 2004 DS would. But it looks the same, only longer.

Anyway, I want to kind of log my progress here. I built it up in 2008. It goes about 30mph on GPS (I installed a GPS boat speedo in the dash) with the Alltrax 500 amp controller and Motor/Gear combo I have. Jakes long travel lift kit and a shorty windshield.

But I have been having a ton of issues. Pretty much all of the 12v stuff is shot. The Radio stopped working a few years ago. Now the lights/blinkers don't work at all. Also, occasionally when I let off the accelerator pedal, it won't start going again. If I sit and wait, it always does get me home. But its super frustrating.

So I am going to replace everything. I got a Navatis AC upgrade. Got a new wiring loom to rewire all the club car stuff. Also got a ton of parts to rewire ALL of the 12V stuff. Including a new DC-DC regulator, Fuse block etc. Going to get rid of all the spaghetti and corrosion and just make it work. Also replacing the rear brakes because its time. And I got a Front Jakes Disc brake setup because I had to remove the stock front brakes to get the Jakes Lift to fit.

Not hoping for more speed, just more reliability.
I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew.

Anyway, the tear down started today.
Photos to follow...

Wish me luck.

Lostwave
Lostwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2022, 09:35 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Villager 6 DS Rebuild

The villager from that era had a series motor, which requires the large FnR lever.
Most of the normal carts by then had the IQ system which use a Sepex or shunt motor, and the motor and controller work totally different.

What exact AC kit did you order?
What wire harness did you order for the new controller? If it’s the same as the existing harness, I think it will do you no good.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 04:39 PM   #3
Lostwave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

This is the wiring harness.
39000 Harness

This is the AC kit
Navitas kit

There were also a bunch of other things I ordered too, like a F/R switch to replace the big lever.
Old 10-10-2022, 06:44 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Ok, good. Sounds like you're on the right track already then. You need a Tow/Run switch as well. And you will need to extend that harness to reach the key switch and FnR and throttle/MCOR connectors.
I did a similar setup two years ago, but on a gas cart. Study up on the function of the wiring in the IQ harness so you know what needs to connect where. If you plan it out you should be able to use some existing wiring in the cart.
Old 10-10-2022, 08:03 PM   #5
Lostwave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Does the tow run switch need to be anything special, or just any switch? I have a bunch of these type switches that I was going to use. (not these exact ones, but similar rated up to 120v)

Switches
Old 10-10-2022, 08:06 PM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I have a bunch of those and have used dozens of them and they work fine for what I’ve done with them.
Old 10-10-2022, 09:00 PM   #7
Lostwave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Here is the cart when I got it. (sorry about the crap camera, it was a long time ago)

Here are a couple Jakes install photos:

And here it is before the current bit of work:

And here is a Video of it cruising pre-rebuild. It goes 28-30 MPH.
Old 08-28-2023, 05:29 PM   #8
Jonny Xmas
Not Yet Wild

Which Jakes long travel did you get? I have a 2012 Villager 6. Is it basically the same as the DS? Has the same suspension dimensions and all that? Because there is very limited aftermarket suspension stuff listed for the villager, if it's the same as the DS that would make this a whole lot easier!

Previous owner put a spindle lift on mine, it rides horribly stiff and gets real squirrelly over 15mph. I'm hoping the Jakes helps this out, how do you like yours?
Jonny Xmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 05:44 PM   #9
Lostwave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Xmas View Post
Which Jakes long travel did you get? I have a 2012 Villager 6. Is it basically the same as the DS? Has the same suspension dimensions and all that? Because there is very limited aftermarket suspension stuff listed for the villager, if it's the same as the DS that would make this a whole lot easier!

Previous owner put a spindle lift on mine, it rides horribly stiff and gets real squirrelly over 15mph. I'm hoping the Jakes helps this out, how do you like yours?
Yes. I just ordered the DS parts. You just have to make sure you get the correct one for the year. Call BuggiesUnlimited, they will make sure you get the correct one.
Old 09-01-2023, 08:58 AM   #10
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Very nice...looks great!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ds navitas jakes rebuild
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides