lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2022, 01:33 PM   #1
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default The maybe rebuild…

When you see it…

Old farm cart that my co-worker bought from a family member. She already has two carts and wants another one. This one was dirt cheap, meaning I’m Pretty sure she paid more for the dirt. At least it’s got cores.

Stripping it to see if the frame is even worth doing anything with. Rough condition is an understatement. More pics probably later this evening.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 76036305-2583-4C79-A47F-29A977DE0816.jpeg (348.4 KB, 0 views)
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2022, 09:04 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: The maybe rebuild…

Fairtax, if anyone is up to the challenge, you are!

BTW, are my eyes deceiving me or is that top right Duracell a 6 volt?
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 09:12 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

In a similar situation now. But found a gas DS missing seats and roof, clutches completely seized and rusted and not running. Making it run was easy.

Paint went on today. Looks awesome.

Now the decision is gonna be tough if I want to keep my gas or electric DS……….
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 09:47 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Fairtax, if anyone is up to the challenge, you are!

BTW, are my eyes deceiving me or is that top right Duracell a 6 volt?
That’s the only one with a full charge too.
Old 10-01-2022, 10:12 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

It does have a roof, and that’s actually in decent shape. I had already removed it before I decided to take a pic.

Parts list is a mile long. Motor works, controller I don’t know. Solenoid has a toasted post because the primary cable was loose. Battery terminals and cable ends were so roasted I couldn’t get power to anything, so just going off that it did run at one point I’m guessing the controller will be ok. If not it could probably use some extra juice anyway.

Battery trays are shot. Brakes are gone. Bushings… what are those? Pedal blocks, tie rod ends, wheel bearings, parking brake ratchet, and on and on and…

The body isn’t horrible if it gets cleaned up. I know she wants to use it as a hunting type cart, so probably won’t worry about that too much. She does want to lift it, some larger wheels and tires, and put a new flip seat on the back. The rear seat that’s on it doesn’t flip and it’s rusted to crap and the seat cushions are toast anyway.
I don’t see anything terribly bad on the frame, which was a concern when I first saw the cart because the body was on it crooked. Seems like just the seat bracket is broken off which is a relatively easy fix. So after I figure out what kind of budget she wants to work with I’ll get that fixed up and get new trays welded in, then start building some cables.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 73069725-8324-4D15-A286-500EA6004415.jpg (285.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 587D1101-FA13-4385-970A-C2922897FCFC.jpg (189.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-22-2022, 09:04 PM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Trays welded in and the seat bracket fixed. Have a few other things to patch up on this one and then it’s on to brakes, springs, lift kit, and all the other stuff.

But while the tools are out… got this other one to re-make the battery trays in as well. And when that’s done it will get some fasty go speedy parts.

The steel “repair” already rusted through and the battery it was holding up was practically falling out.
Also has two cracked welds on the end of the cross member that holds the back end of the batteries. Those will get fixed before I put the new tray rails in.
Old 10-29-2022, 10:47 AM   #7
WC53
Getting Wild
Club Car

Very nice work so far. My aluminum work always looks like the proverbial monkey and a football. So a long arm AC build ;)
WC53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 09:30 PM   #8
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Aluminum is kinda tricky to begin with, but throw in some dirt and a pile of corrosion and it makes it about ten times harder to get a weld to work.
I've played around with Tig, and have ordered (haven't received yet, its still on back-order) a Mig setup to do aluminum and I'm convinced that for doing battery trays in these neither tig nor mig would work. If the existing cross rails are in decent shape and can be cleaned down to 100% clean aluminum surface then Tig or Mig is the way to go. Unfortunately, what's left of the structure in these is horribly corroded in the places where I needed to attach the new trays. The only nice thing about stick welding aluminum is that as long as you get it about 90% clean it will burn the rest of the junk out and still give you enough penetration to make the weld work. They won't be pretty. It's not a process that a first time or probably even a DIY type welder will be able to do very well. I'm not pro, I figured out a few tricks to make it work, and for these good-nuff is plenty.
Old 10-30-2022, 10:30 PM   #9
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Trays, shiny stuff, batteries, in! I ran out of washers and need to go pick up more stainless nuts and some other hardware tomorrow.
Alltrax controller tucked in there nicely. Test drive tomorrow hopefully before it rains.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 34D8089C-57DB-4644-8982-CC8158E7169F.jpeg (222.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg D9D76BFD-4DF2-415C-954C-DE9186BCEDC4.jpeg (222.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-06-2022, 08:47 PM   #10
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Getting into some of the mechanical stuff on this one now.

Gotta to get lots of bolts and hardware tomorrow. Pretty much everything on here is either rusted out or bent.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg D3249625-46DE-419B-BE9E-2A793B9B79C2.jpeg (390.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car