lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2022, 11:23 PM   #21
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Comments about your Lithium Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMZ222 View Post
1) Brand of battery - Big Battery Husky 48v
2) Ah capacity - 103
3) Number of individual packs - 1
4) Pack voltage - 48v
5) Controller upgrade - SilverWolf
6) Motor upgrade - SilverWolf
7) Series, Sepex or AC drive - “AC”
O.D. Tire size - 26”
9) Typical driving terrain - Flat
10) Estimated range on pavement - \_(•_•)_/
11) Average and Top speeds - Average 24 to 32, Top Speed 46 but ran out of room in our little town of Gib lol
12) Likes or dislikes - Love it!
13) Additional comments - Have been running the husky for just over a year now and loving it. I started with the Roypow but head cut off issues because of the SilverWolf motor and controller so I switched to the big battery husky and has been running great!🤞🏻
In our little town there’s no long enough stretch to see what it really can do, I’m guessing just a few more miles past 46 mark for top speed. There’s an awful lot of golf carts in our little town and a few bars 😳 so there’s a lot of aggressive driving 😂 One time or another I’ll have to see how many miles I get out of a charge. I usually don’t let it drop between 25% and 28% Thanks Tom47 great thread!
Thank you for responding, TMZ. That is the first time I heard of a cart going so fast it runs out of road!

If you can, start with a full charge and drive 4 or 5 miles, then record the Ah used. This can be done over several days if you don't ride that far each day. Divide the Ah by the miles and you can see your consumption.

I have found on mine that speed does not change the Ah consumption much.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2022, 11:49 PM   #22
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
Just so the DIY batteries don't get forgotten:

1) Brand of battery - CALB LiFePo4
2) Ah capacity -100Ah
3) Number of individual packs -16 Cells
4) Pack voltage -58.4
5) Controller upgrade -Alltrax XCT500
6) Motor upgrade -AMD 7144
7) Series, Sepex or AC drive -Sepex
O.D. Tire size -22"
9) Typical driving terrain -Hilly
10) Estimated range on pavement -Even with all the hills I estimate 40mi/charge. This is based on the Renogy Battery Monitor readings.
11) Average and Top speeds -All of my driving is on city streets so I like to stay around 25 MPH. I have noticed I got up to 28 at one time. My Alltrax is limited to 5500 rpm and max current is 250a. I turned off Turbo because I felt it was contributing to the cold weather shutdowns
12) Likes or dislikes - My big like is no maint. I haven't burnt any acid holes in my clothes. My biggest like is the reduction in weight. It got me over the threshold where I can maintain my speed uphill (22 mph) and not be a traffic hazard. My only dislike is that when the temperature drops to 40/50 degrees the batteries get sluggish and on some of the big hills the BMS will cut out due to low voltage. Last winter I temp solved the problem with a heating pad. This year I'm hoping to do something more permanent.
13) Additional comments - 2010 Club Car with a Allsport 4" lift and a Alpha Body Kit. The Lithium batteries have been in use for a year and a half. I highly recommend the Renogy Meter. It make driving so much more fun when you know that you have enough battery to make it home.
Thank you for the DIY lithium report, Walter. I'm sure there are members who will appreciate your input.

Based on your available 80 Ah down to 20% SOC, I feel you can get close to 50 miles on flat roads. (80 / 1.5 = 53) Your estimate of 40 on hills is probably close.

I'm still trying to find some common ground for all carts in general. If all were tested on the same surface, at the same temperature, and at the same speed, I believe 1.5 Ah per mile is going to be a typical number.

With lithium's flat discharge curve, the data should be similar regardless of the cart being stock or upgraded. But I could be wrong. Speed, of course, will affect the usage.

I don't have the cold weather like you do, but I spend last winter looking for some solutions. None were very practical.
Old 09-19-2022, 11:50 PM   #23
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Another DIY, this time a Nissan Leaf setup....Although my use is very different to most others.

1) Brand of battery -DIY, Cells are Nissan Leaf and BMS is an 80A smart JBD
2) Ah capacity - 21 module so 198Ah when new but they're repurposed cells and measure at 120Ah now.
3) Number of individual packs -Since most Leaf packs are 7 module, I'll call mine 3 packs
4) Pack voltage - 51.8 nominal, 58.8 max, charge to 58v
5) Controller upgrade - No, stock Curtis controller on 2013 Precedent
6) Motor upgrade -No
7) Series, Sepex or AC drive - Sepex
O.D. Tire size - Stock
9) Typical driving terrain - Flat only on my 1 and 1/2 acre property.
10) Estimated range on pavement - Unknown as carts aren't allowed on the road where I live. Ever tried driving in a circle for 40 or so miles.
11) Average and Top speeds - Unknown
12) Likes or dislikes - No maintenance and can charge quickly at any time.
13) Additional comments -My cart is strictly for maintenance use on my property. I have a 3000w 240v inverter on board and the big lithium pack keeps my tunes going all day, allows me to do small welding jobs, charges all my power tool batteries, runs angle grinders for extended periods of time, powers up my remote shed that has no 240v power etc. I can pull the full 3000w through the inverter for 2 hours on a full charge.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 07:51 AM   #24
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Another DIY, this time a Nissan Leaf setup....Although my use is very different to most others.

1) Brand of battery -DIY, Cells are Nissan Leaf and BMS is an 80A smart JBD
2) Ah capacity - 21 module so 198Ah when new but they're repurposed cells and measure at 120Ah now.
3) Number of individual packs -Since most Leaf packs are 7 module, I'll call mine 3 packs
4) Pack voltage - 51.8 nominal, 58.8 max, charge to 58v
5) Controller upgrade - No, stock Curtis controller on 2013 Precedent
6) Motor upgrade -No
7) Series, Sepex or AC drive - Sepex
O.D. Tire size - Stock
9) Typical driving terrain - Flat only on my 1 and 1/2 acre property.
10) Estimated range on pavement - Unknown as carts aren't allowed on the road where I live. Ever tried driving in a circle for 40 or so miles.
11) Average and Top speeds - Unknown
12) Likes or dislikes - No maintenance and can charge quickly at any time.
13) Additional comments -My cart is strictly for maintenance use on my property. I have a 3000w 240v inverter on board and the big lithium pack keeps my tunes going all day, allows me to do small welding jobs, charges all my power tool batteries, runs angle grinders for extended periods of time, powers up my remote shed that has no 240v power etc. I can pull the full 3000w through the inverter for 2 hours on a full charge.
Thanks for your response, Pat. Your usage is not typical, like you say, but is really more in line with what a cart was designed for. A working machine. And you put yours to good use!
Old 09-20-2022, 08:07 AM   #25
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

1999 "Humdinger" Club Car DS
1) Brand of battery - Extreme Team
2) Ah capacity - 150
3) Number of individual packs -
4) Pack voltage - 81
5) Controller upgrade - Navitas 600A/5kw
6) Motor upgrade - Navitas AC
7) Series, Sepex or AC drive - converted to AC drive
O.D. Tire size - 26.5 inches
9) Typical driving terrain - hilly paved roads
10) Estimated range on pavement - 80 miles
11) Average and Top speeds - 35-40 mph, 51 mph so far
12) Likes or dislikes - Love it! NO maintenance and I only need to charge it about once every two weeks.
13) Additional comments - This battery is in my "Humdinger" (DS) cart and it almost fills up the entire battery compartment.

2014 Club Car Precedent
2) Ah capacity - 100
4) Pack voltage - 81
O.D. Tire size - 23 inches
10) Estimated range on pavement - 50 miles
11) Average and Top speeds - 35-40 mph, 49 mph so far
12) Likes or dislikes - Love it! NO maintenance and I only need to charge it about once every week and a half.
13) Additional comments - This battery is in my Precedent cart and it fills up about half of the battery compartment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (658.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Hudson in the cart.jpg (700.7 KB, 0 views)
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 08:51 AM   #26
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonr3 View Post
1999 "Humdinger" Club Car DS
2) Ah capacity - 150
4) Pack voltage - 81
O.D. Tire size - 26.5 inches
10) Estimated range on pavement - 80 miles
11) Average and Top speeds - 35-40 mph, 51 mph so far
12) Likes or dislikes - Love it! NO maintenance and I only need to charge it about once every two weeks.
13) Additional comments - This battery is in my "Humdinger" (DS) cart and it almost fills up the entire battery compartment.

2014 Club Car Precedent
2) Ah capacity - 100
4) Pack voltage - 81
O.D. Tire size - 23 inches
10) Estimated range on pavement - 50 miles
11) Average and Top speeds - 35-40 mph, 49 mph so far
12) Likes or dislikes - Love it! NO maintenance and I only need to charge it about once every week and a half.
13) Additional comments - This battery is in my Precedent cart and it fills up about half of the battery compartment.
Thanks for your great review, jonr3! Your performance is exceptional. AC drive is an excellent way to go. This will excite anyone who wants to get from "here to there" quickly.

If you get a chance, take a 5 mile ride in each one at your average speed and record the Ah's used. I am trying to confirm an approximate Ah per mile number.

Mine is 1.45 Ah per mile on flat roads, with two riders. It seems like 1.5 Ah per mile is fairly accurate for a stock or upgraded cart. I curious to see how AC drive compares to sepex drive.
Old 09-20-2022, 09:09 AM   #27
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
If you get a chance, take a 5 mile ride in each one at your average speed and record the Ah's used. I am trying to confirm an approximate Ah per mile number.

Mine is 1.45 Ah per mile on flat roads, with two riders. It seems like 1.5 Ah per mile is fairly accurate for a stock or upgraded cart. I curious to see how AC drive compares to sepex drive.
I'll try - my biggest challenge is that I don't have any flat roads that are long enough to achieve a good, accurate result. I've only gotten the carts up to 51 and 49 mph respectively because the flat roads in my town aren't long enough for me to let them get up to their max speeds.
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 09:22 AM   #28
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonr3 View Post
I'll try - my biggest challenge is that I don't have any flat roads that are long enough to achieve a good, accurate result. I've only gotten the carts up to 51 and 49 mph respectively because the flat roads in my town aren't long enough for me to let them get up to their max speeds.
Flat roads and hills would be fine. I would like to see the usage on a variety of road types. You can also do it over several individual rides.

Speed doesn't seem to change things much for me. Some rides were at an average speed of 12mph and some at 18mph. I still was around 1.45 Ah per mile average.
Old 09-20-2022, 09:56 AM   #29
dc.901
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Thank you for your info! You are the first BB response.

#7 Does your cart have a run/tow switch? If so it is sepex and if not it is series drive.

With 30% left, that means you used 70% in the 18 miles of mixed surface. 70% of 80 Ah is 56 Ah usable down to the 30%. 56 / 18 = 3.1 Ah per mile consumption. That is pretty good for the type of driving you do.
Yes, I do have run/tow switch, so it is sepex. Thank you!
dc.901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 09:58 AM   #30
dc.901
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
1) Brand of battery - CALB LiFePo4
2) Ah capacity -100Ah
3) Number of individual packs -16 Cells
If you don't mind me asking, where can I find these? Ali-Express or somewhere else?
Do you know if this setup will work with stock motor/controller for 2003 CC DS (sepex) - or I will have to upgrade motor / controller?
dc.901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car