lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2023, 05:45 PM   #1
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Hyundai W/Suzuki Parts

Looking for a carb to go on a Suzuki V270G
8.5hp engine. This one is broke where float pin goes thru. It's a Mikuni but a knock off is fine. Someone JB welded the piece and it didn't hold.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20231012_094914.jpg (117.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20231012_094845.jpg (94.7 KB, 0 views)
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2023, 11:23 PM   #2
OHyundai
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Hyundai W/Suzuki Parts

I have the same cart and engine/carb, and I have had zero luck finding a proper replacement. Amazon has loads of small engine carbs, as long as the distance between the studs match, many of them can be made to work.

I ordered probably half a dozen and sent all back but one that I made work by re-routing the throttle cable. It is non-adjustable so it isn't mixed ideally but it works well enough. I get almost full throttle but I was too lazy to work to make it get full-throw. The choke fits and works properly, but the direction of pull for the throttle is wrong so expect to tinker quite a bit.

I ran the cable right from the pedal to the carb, instead of to the governor in the rear. That allowed me to route the cable to the carb from the front instead of the back. I simply zip-tied it in place along the starter wiring to hold the sheath, and it works, but it's very rigged up.

The OE Mikuni is much stronger and adjustable, but I can't even find jets for it. I did notice older Yamaha G2-9 carts seem to have a very similar carb, but I think the bolt spacing might be too wide to fit the studs on the V270G engine. I just noticed it when looking through an online service manual for the G2, which you might find handy... https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/atta...9&d=1376020268

There is an online seller of the Hyundai manual, but with shipping it is about $45

My original Mikuni is just running very rich and has some jet damage by previous owners, which is why I changed carbs but I'd like to get it back on the cart if I can get jets for it.

This cheap carb for $27 comes with some additional stuff, but it'll fit. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You lose the mixture adjustability and the throttle cable won't fit the same, nor will it pull from the same direction without modification to the carb, mounting bracket, cable, or any combo of those items.
OHyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 06:51 AM   #3
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Hyundai W/Suzuki Parts

Thanks for responding with this info, I will try it.

I have several.carbs on shelf and like you said the yamahas are close but bolt pattern is too wide.
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts