lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2022, 04:31 PM   #11
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Renegade Golf Carts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ0niner View Post
thats your voltage reducer. the controller will have your large battery cables attached to it. and the large cables going to your motor. seeing that it has an enpower dc convertor i am wondering if it actually has an enpower controller also, this is my haunch. all the chinese carts list the toyota neos or curtis controller on their specs but there is aweful lot getting swtiched out to these enpower controllers...
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2022, 03:40 PM   #12
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Did a little more digging and the parts list does reference a curtis controller. id be curious if thats actually whats in there. Most these import carts have gone to a new chinese controller and most their product spec sheets still call out curtis or the toyota controllers even though they are no longer using them. If you open that black box on the controller side and post a picture i can tell you which it is using. I have a list of the factory parameters for the renegade vehicles with the curtis controller. See attached parts list also incase you need it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Renegade Carts Parts List.pdf (2.19 MB, 0 views)
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 03:54 PM   #13
FZ0niner
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
Did a little more digging and the parts list does reference a curtis controller. id be curious if thats actually whats in there. Most these import carts have gone to a new chinese controller and most their product spec sheets still call out curtis or the toyota controllers even though they are no longer using them. If you open that black box on the controller side and post a picture i can tell you which it is using. I have a list of the factory parameters for the renegade vehicles with the curtis controller. See attached parts list also incase you need it.
Thanks, my dealer offered to adjust the controller for me for free. So I'm planning on taking it to them soon.
FZ0niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 11:47 AM   #14
FZ0niner
Getting Wild

Back again,

So the dealer adjusted my engine brake mapping last year. I was able to watch them how they did it. They used a standard PC laptop with some kind of usb cable directly connected to the cart.

The cart drove much better, however the symptoms have returned. I’ve been trying to get a hold of the dealer for weeks to have the cart readjusted, but their response has been nothing but disappointment. Their customer service seems non existent, but that’s another issue.

I’m contemplating once again doing this myself. Any idea what cable and pc software they may have used?
FZ0niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts