lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2021, 07:45 PM   #1
Murby
Gone Wild

Default Help Installing All Sports Long Travel on Precedent

So I started to work on my cart.. 1st step is to remove all suspension from the front.. Houston, we have a problem.

There are two brackets that are attached to the plastic cowling that interfere with being able to remove the suspension structure from the frame rails.

These two brackets look like the screws come from the top down.. Do I have to take the big nose cone off my cart to get to those screws? Holy crap! Half the *** cart has to come apart to do that.

And what kind of screw is that???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (999.6 KB, 0 views)
Murby is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2021, 05:59 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Help Installing All Sports Long Travel on Precedent

What do the directions say?

I wouldn't think you'd have to take the body off. It looks like the bracket is loose from the subframe. Did you take all the other bracket/mounts loose?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 02:34 PM   #3
Murby
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
What do the directions say?

I wouldn't think you'd have to take the body off. It looks like the bracket is loose from the subframe. Did you take all the other bracket/mounts loose?
I'm figuring it out.. Yes, not only did those two brackets have to come off (bolts are deep inside the dashboard cavity), but the front cowling has to come off and the cowling support structure has to be loosened..

Basically, 1/2 the golf cart has to come apart up front just to get the original suspension assembly off.. and now that its clear to come off, I'm finding that it won't slide off the rails easy. I basically have to fabricate a type of bearing puller to brace against the end of the frame rails to pull the assembly off..

WOw.. what a pain in the rear..
Old 10-05-2021, 10:36 AM   #4
ousuxndallas
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I just did this mod this past weekend.

I took apart the front cowl so I could lift up on the plastic just enough to slide the large metal bracket off. If you take the cowl off, you can access those 2 screws in order to remove those 2 small brackets. Unfortunately, I didn't know this, and just ripped them out, with plastic. I used a sledge hammer to hammer off the large bracket from the frame, once you get it going, it goes easy.

I think an alternative is to get a cut off wheel and just cut the bracket in half. You don't need it any more. Unscrewing the front cowl is the least destructive way.
ousuxndallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 01:41 AM   #5
Murby
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ousuxndallas View Post
I just did this mod this past weekend.

I took apart the front cowl so I could lift up on the plastic just enough to slide the large metal bracket off. If you take the cowl off, you can access those 2 screws in order to remove those 2 small brackets. Unfortunately, I didn't know this, and just ripped them out, with plastic. I used a sledge hammer to hammer off the large bracket from the frame, once you get it going, it goes easy.

I think an alternative is to get a cut off wheel and just cut the bracket in half. You don't need it any more. Unscrewing the front cowl is the least destructive way.
I was able to unscrew the brackets and I fabricated a fixture to brace against the front of the frame rails and pulled the suspension assembly off.. a little bit of PB Blaster made it a bit smoother.

The new All Sports 6" long travel is installed and completed.. tires are on, took it for a 50 yard drive.. looks kind of funny because I haven't done the rear end yet and everything is still stock back there.

I'll be working on the rear next.. Have new springs to install with the rear-end kit form All Sports.

I'm kind of wondering if they sent me the 8 inch lift instead of the 6 inch.. Man or man.. that cart sits a whole lot higher than I thought it would.
Old 12-05-2022, 01:25 PM   #6
jonbobshinigin@gmail.com
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Can you share your results and opinions of this Long Travel Kit?
jonbobshinigin@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts