lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2019, 10:53 AM   #1
Dbrockman1972
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Default How many amps needed?

Getting back into my Harley 4 wheel limo build after moving into a different house. She is gonna be pretty heavy, and have 25” tires. Using an EZGO throttle, rear end and motor out of a 36 volt marathon. I’ll be running 48 volts until the motor pukes, then get an aftermarket one. I’ll get the heavy duty solenoid and electric forward/reverse switch, and make 2 gauge cables.
Is a 600 amp controller going to be enough for this size and weight of cart with that size tires? Is there a point of diminishing returns at some point as far as amps? Thanks.
Dbrockman1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2019, 09:02 AM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: How many amps needed?

I would think 600 should do it, 500 probably would too actually. With 500-600 amps, you may need to replace your motor sooner rather than later though.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson