lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2018, 05:31 PM   #1
GW Palmer
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Red face Learning

Have an old 74 DE 3 wheel Harley electric cart. Trying to restore. Concern is solenoids. Will 12 v on all solenoids work on a 36 v system? I know book shows 6v, 6v, 6v, 12v and 12v. Thanks.
GW Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2018, 08:16 AM   #2
BRickB
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Default Re: Learning

I believe they do. I have all 12v solenoids in my 74 DE. I should be a little hesitant say that in that I am currently not able to get it to work going forward. Reverse work fine , and all the solenoids seem to function ok. I am really getting frustrated with it.
BRickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 03:28 PM   #3
GW Palmer
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

I had the same problem. I went back to the 3 sixes and two 12 and it works in both directions now. The only problem I am having at this point is the relay coil getting VERY hot and I am losing power. I went from a 2 hp motor to a 3 hp. I still don't know if this is causing the overheat. I know what you mean about frustrated.

Last edited by GW Palmer; 06-22-2018 at 03:29 PM.. Reason: additional comment.
GW Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:43 AM   #4
BRickB
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

It turned out that me problem was the key switch. the new one we bought was actually incorrect. Once we figured that out and put in one that was correct the cart works fine.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:45 AM   #5
BRickB
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Which relay coil?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson