lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2008, 08:31 PM   #1
MUDFREAK
Not Yet Wild

Default The Beast motor

Hi I installed the beast motor to my cart and a 500 amp controler on 48 volts. I have been reading that people with a similiar setup are doing wheelies. I know that I have a programable controller and it was put in by a dealer do you think they turned it down? If so how do I turn it up?
Thanks,
Mudfreak
MUDFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2008, 09:08 PM   #2
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Default Re: The Beast motor

Mudfreak,
You should be real close to doing wheelies....what does your motor say on it....where did you buy it from? Just wondering, are you sure it's a "Beast". What state are your batts., cables, solenoid, etc. And sounds like you have an Alltrax, from what I understand you should be able to hook your laptop with a usb cable and get further instructions from Alltrax.
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:27 PM   #3
roady89
nimda
Club Car

I don't think they would have turned it down. Batteries can be an issue, a bad connection. If a cable were bad you would know it by now. Your gearing may be causing it not to pull wheelies. Low ratio gear and tall tire = dog on the low end.

You can get a USB to Serial cable at radio shack.
Gigaware® 6-ft. USB-A to Serial Cable

You will have to download the software from Alltrax. It's pretty straight forward. Connect your cable, power up the controller, start the software. If everything is talking to each other correctly you should be good to go. There are simple slider adjustments in the software. You can run the software without hooking it up to get a feel for it before you try it out.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:05 PM   #4
AugustaResident
Getting Wild
Club Car

Unless it was adjusted on purpose, the Alltrax controllers come maxed out on the settings that count. Weight of the cart, batteries, cables, etc all come in to play. I can't speak for others on this forum but most wheelies I see people do they are backing up then slaming into forward.....which I would never do with my cart nor advise anyone doing, but thats just me.
AugustaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:39 PM   #5
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustaResident View Post
Unless it was adjusted on purpose, the Alltrax controllers come maxed out on the settings
Every one I have ever bought was maxxed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustaResident View Post
I can't speak for others on this forum but most wheelies I see people do they are backing up then slaming into forward.....which I would never do with my cart nor advise anyone doing, but thats just me.
I have seen 3 stock controllers get smoked from doing that. Thats cheating anyways...not the real way.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 06:15 PM   #6
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

I would never suggest reverse then forward to pop a wheelie, nor should this be required to so. Maybe a little weight in the back...but that's it. You need to retrace your steps and check voltage.
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!