lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #1
hooknows
Not Yet Wild

Default Block Lifting 88 Marathon

Hello BGW gurus,

I am in the finishing stages of my 88 Marathon rebuild, and after an nice bondo/paint job, HD rear springs, and seat covers.....I am thinking that this thing needs to go up in the air and get new rubber. I do not want to pony up the $$$ for a drop axle, so it is between a stock block lift and a local metal shop cutting me spacers.
The spacers could be what ever size and shape 3/16 steel for 20.00 total.
What height will I run into problems reconnection the steering assembly. I would like to get four 6 inch blocks cut and drilled and then use SS bolts/washers/nuts instead of the zinc. The largest block lift on e-bay was 5 inches for $72.00
ALL RESPONSES WILL BE WELL RECEIVED
Thanks
Hooknows
hooknows is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2013, 01:49 AM   #2
dmi518
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Block Lifting 88 Marathon

l bought an 89 marathon and they used stacked hockey pucks as blocks. its appears it was done some time ago and has held up.

i am out of town but i can take some pics when i get home sunday if you want.
dmi518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #3
hooknows
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Block Lifting 88 Marathon

Thanks man. Pictures always welcome.
I am curious to know where to stop. The block lifts on e-bay are 5 inches, so I figure the stock steering components can handle that. Just wondering if 6 will work. I am trying to get away without adding wheel spacers on the cart. Is there any pictures of skinny knobby tires on a older cart? Kinda like an old jeep look? I was thinking that may look great, and help clearance issues on the rear tires.
hooknows is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO