lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2022, 02:16 PM   #1
BCGolfCarts
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Smile 07 G29 Steering Squeak

Hey Everyone. It's been awhile since i've posted. Got a question. My G29 has developed a quiet annoying squeak in the steering box when turning left and right. I first though it was coming from the steering shaft between the steering wheel and box or maybe the front suspension. Investigation proves that its coming from the steering box itself. I searched for a grease fitting or maybe a place to add some kind of lubricant and I can't locate anywhere to add lubricant. Any tips or suggestions?
BCGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2022, 06:09 AM   #2
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 07 G29 Steering Squeak

I have never heard a G29 rack squeak but that's not to say that it cant happen. There are no grease fittings but you can cut the tie wrap on the boot and pull the boot back. Now you can get some grease on the tie rods and rack. You can also remove the steering rack and completely disassemble it.

Things that I have heard squeak
There are two rubber bushings in ends of the steering column that support the steering rod. One of the bushings can get sucked in to the column and start squeaking due to the increased pressure.

The king pins in a car that old can get crusty and start squeaking inside the knuckle bushing. People tend to just loosen the nut but all this does is start wearing out the holes on your strut. The correct solution is to remove the pin/bolt, replace the bushings and bolts (grease well) and re-assemble.
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g29, squeak, steering, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha