lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2022, 06:31 AM   #1
Jeffsclubcar666
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Exclamation 2019 onward only gets one shot of spark

Hello everybody how are you today? I have a 2019 club car onward my son calls Guinevere. Last weekend we were using the Guinevere I started her up and the radio was on. I went to turn the volume down and the radio kicked off. Then drove the cart five more feet forward. And let off the gas to come to a stop. When I proceeded to move again the cart cranked but did not move. After diagnosing it a little bit. I pulled the spark plug and when we turn the key we only get one shot of spark. I am not sure what the radio had to do with anything. But it just happened to kick out 30 seconds before this all happened. The radio is working again. And so is everything else. But I am still only getting one shot of Spark. We are supposed to be camping in two weeks and my son would be heartbroken if we cannot figure this out! Has anybody come across this before? I have read a few other things and thought maybe the rpm limiter seem to be having troubles locating it.
Jeffsclubcar666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2022, 12:18 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 2019 onward only gets one shot of spark

Which engine is in it? I think they were still running the Subaru EFI engine then?

As for the radio cutting out, poor battery connections are almost always the cause of that sort of weirdness. Remove and clean the battery cables and the terminals. Also check the negative cable where it attaches to the frame below the battery for corrosion. If there is any even small amount of white corrosion there remove and clean the cable and the frame where it attaches.

Spark may be due to a bad ground, but often when you get one or two sparks and then nothing that's indicative that the coil has failed. If it's the Subaru motor there is a single wire (black wire) going to a connector on top of the engine kinda below the starter where the kill wire for the coil comes out of the cowl. Unplug the wire connector and crank the motor and see if you now have spark. If not the coil has failed.

If you do get spark with the connector unplugged then the reason may be far more expensive to fix.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
one spark, spark, weak spark
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car