lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2022, 10:33 AM   #1
bmorriss111
Not Yet Wild

Default Headlights won't stay on

I own a 2010 Yamaha Drive that's been modified with LED headlights and a RHOX turn signal / headlight switch mounted on the steering column. The headlights will not stay on. They only flash for a split second when the switch is turned on. They may stay on, but that is very seldom. I already replaced the turn signal assembly with a new one, but that didn't solve the problem. Is there another item in the light system that would be causing this? I wouldn't think it's a fuse because power is getting to the lights, since they flash on, then off. Thank you!
Brian
bmorriss111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2022, 11:58 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Headlights won't stay on

If you replaced the switch already and it didn’t do anything then I’d suspect a bad connection somewhere. Those connnectors aren’t the highest of quality stuff. Turn the switch on and start wiggling connections.

If that doesn’t work then it’s time to break out the meter and start chasing. You need power and ground for them to turn on. One of the two is missing. Find out which part the lights DONT have and start chasing that side of the circuit until you find where it’s dropping.

Is it just the head lights or is it also the parking lights and everything else that doesn’t work?
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 08:35 AM   #3
bmorriss111
Not Yet Wild

Sorry for the delay. I went out yesterday to check the taillights and wouldn't you know it, everything was working, at least until I got up this morning. Now they don't work again, including the taillights. The taillights work when the flashers are on and when braking, but not when the headlights are supposed to be on. Does that tell you anything different?

I'll attempt to check the connections as you suggest. Thanks!
Old 05-15-2022, 09:04 AM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Does the turn signal assembly mean the entire switch? Or is the headlight switch separate from the turn signal assembly?
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 10:31 AM   #5
bmorriss111
Not Yet Wild

The headlight switch is part of the turn signal, along with the horn. It's a Red Hawk turn signal, which is earlier version of the RHOX model shown in the attached picture. Functionally the same.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51EMRNzXaZL._AC_SX679_.jpg (14.9 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha