lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2022, 07:15 PM   #1
Mrdakin
Not Yet Wild

Default Polaris 700 muffler?

I have a Briggs 18 HP V twin. Its going in a G8. It will remain stock, gov removed. My question to all is has anyone used the Polaris 700 muffler in a big block swap??
Mrdakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2022, 07:59 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Polaris 700 muffler?

I have used a couple different exhaust/muffler combos, never a Polaris 700. Is that a UTV?

I've run several Vtwins with several different exhaust setups and I actually ended up with a straight through muffler from the local tractor store. Turns out that muffler fits a Thermo-King generator for a semi truck. It was used on a 16hp Vanguard, 23hp Vanguard, and VC460 engines and sounded great. Not too quiet, not too loud. Very similar to a stock ATV type sound. Quieter than a lawn tractor. This one has a 90 degree inlet so the muffler can be mounted across the back. The tailpipe was straight out so a turndown would be used.

On the same engines I also ran a muffler from a Yamaha Raptor 660 atv. That one sounded really good, but a little on the louder side. It had a deeper tone. The disadvantage was the end of the muffler had a weird 22 degree angle that didn't work well for my setup, so I switched. Still have it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg muffler.jpg (12.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Thermo King 120913 muffler 1.jpg (35.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart muffler.JPG (116.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg raptor muffler 1.jpg (25.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg raptor muffler 2.jpg (34.2 KB, 0 views)
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 08:02 AM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Another muffler I liked was on a cart I recently sold. It had a build 20hp Vanguard in it. The previous owner set it up with a 1" exhaust and a Supertrap mini muffler. It sounded really good, and it was adjustable, add or subtract discs. A little pricey though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg supertrap 3.jpg (10.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg supertrap 2.jpg (17.9 KB, 0 views)
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 08:43 AM   #4
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdakin View Post
I have a Briggs 18 HP V twin. Its going in a G8. It will remain stock, gov removed. My question to all is has anyone used the Polaris 700 muffler in a big block swap??
With this setup, you should consider installing a rev kit, it's cheap insurance.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 02:40 AM   #5
Mrdakin
Not Yet Wild

I think the unit I saw on Amazon was for a ATV 700 polaris. Caltric compatible, with Exhaust Muffler - 700 sportman. My engine will remain stock.
Old 02-13-2022, 01:22 PM   #6
Mrdakin
Not Yet Wild

Thank you guys for the help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps