lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2021, 07:18 AM   #1
Jdulac88
Not Yet Wild

Default 2011 EZGO RXV Cutting out and on while driving

New to the EZGO and been trying to Google my problem but can't find the exact symptoms. Looked for loose wires but nothing was noticeable. Carts been fine for over a year and half with no issues. Batteries are 5 year old Trojan 1275 that seem fine. Just recently it started cutting out while driving. It seems to be happening more over bumps but will happen on flat surfaces also. The whole cart cuts out (brakes engage) including lights but only for a half a second and the cart continues on. I've read a lot of issues with the selenoids on the RXV but not sure if it pertains to the 2011. Is the selenoid issue and all or nothing? Any input would be appreciated.
Jdulac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2021, 01:11 PM   #2
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2011 EZGO RXV Cutting out and on while driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdulac88 View Post
New to the EZGO and been trying to Google my problem but can't find the exact symptoms. Looked for loose wires but nothing was noticeable. Carts been fine for over a year and half with no issues. Batteries are 5 year old Trojan 1275 that seem fine. Just recently it started cutting out while driving. It seems to be happening more over bumps but will happen on flat surfaces also. The whole cart cuts out (brakes engage) including lights but only for a half a second and the cart continues on. I've read a lot of issues with the selenoids on the RXV but not sure if it pertains to the 2011. Is the selenoid issue and all or nothing? Any input would be appreciated.
Replace the solenoid. The contacts are so bad that the bumps cause the solenoid contacts to open slightly, due to heavy pitting over the years causing you to lose power locking up the brake. Look at your solenoid, there are two mounting styles for the RXV, get the correct one.

This is one style and what I think you need for Danaher controller. And you definitely need a 36V solenoid.
https://www.amazon.com/Trombetta-684...ustrial&sr=1-5

Other style for Curtis controller - note mounting flange difference
https://www.ebay.com/itm/26134043108...wAAOSwVNxaDzAm
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 07:17 AM   #3
Jdulac88
Not Yet Wild

Thanks man. I took a look at this weekend and I ordered the first one. For $25 its a cheap way to start. I'll let you know if it corrects my issue.
Old 09-13-2021, 11:53 AM   #4
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Deleted - redundant...
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 07:45 AM   #5
Jdulac88
Not Yet Wild

I understand this thread is almost 6 months old but I'm just getting around to try and get to the bottom of this issue. I did replace the solenoid but nothing has changed. Still will cut out. unfortunately with this cart it gets dangerous as the wheels lock up when this happens.

Is there any way it could be the key switch? For $30 I was thinking of at least giving it shot?

Is there anything else I should be looking at replacing or testing? Batteries still seem strong as I can go a long time around the campground without having to charge.
Old 05-23-2022, 12:12 PM   #6
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check with the Troubleshooting Guide before replacing everything...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RXV Danaher Codes T-Shoot Guide-2.pdf (2.76 MB, 0 views)
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 07:03 PM   #7
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Throwing parts at a RXV will get expensive. I would start checking the run plug connections first, then open up the harness in front of the batteries. Look for the connection point (sonic weld). They are a common failure point for the cart.
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO