lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Diesel swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2017, 05:01 PM   #1
Carramrod
Not Yet Wild

Default Suggestions on diesel build

I have a 3 cylinder yanmar diesel .88 Liter im planning on squeezing it in a cart......but which cart is the question? I like the Yamaha and ez go golf carts...im looking at a ez go mpt1200. I like the stretched carts for the reason of being able to have room for passengers a cooler And extra room for radiator and batterys for tunes....any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.
Going to be a slow build but ill take pics and everyone posted.
Carramrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2017, 03:00 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Suggestions on diesel build

A work cart would be nicer for that, no question. I kinda wonder if we can finally get those v twin diesels how they would work in a cart. Air cooled gets rid of extra swap work. May be less power though. But if you have a yanmar you are set, can't go wrong with a real watercooled engine. Many have to drop them down some due to height, but otherwise should not be any other big problems. Some of the ezgo work carts also have posi rear if you go mudding or something.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:24 PM   #3
Carramrod
Not Yet Wild

Ok bought a yamaha u max light duty g27 which is in rough shape. I thought was a g22 and now can't find any info on what is interchangeable. What front body panels are interchangeable.?...and the guts are out of the transmission is this the same axle assembly as the g22-g14? Thank you
Old 06-06-2018, 09:21 PM   #4
Carramrod
Not Yet Wild

Need help guys trying to build a diesel cart by july.
- I have a comet 780 with green weights and yellow springs so 1400rpm engagement.....will this work or do I need to go lower.
- I need a 1 3/16" belt what would you guys recommend and what spacing from drive to driven clutch....
I have read through and searched the forum little luck.

Cart is a g11 I have extended and lowered rear motor swing arm. Have 3cyl yanmar .9L 22hp will be installing a turbo. Lots of parts on order and getting machined.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:14 AM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I can't help with the Yamaha parts, but make sure the radiator gets plenty of air.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 09:45 PM   #6
Carramrod
Not Yet Wild

Springs and weights for my comet 780 coming in tomorrow, 8:1 high speed gears end of next week! Hoping 800rpm clutch engagement works. Attached pic is from a couple days ago wiring up and installing gauges and fan relay tomorrow....I'll try to get some better pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191015_161804.jpg (174.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-11-2020, 08:03 PM   #7
webn237
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carramrod View Post
Springs and weights for my comet 780 coming in tomorrow, 8:1 high speed gears end of next week! Hoping 800rpm clutch engagement works. Attached pic is from a couple days ago wiring up and installing gauges and fan relay tomorrow....I'll try to get some better pics.
You have any pictures of how the engine setup is in here? I built a G22 3 cylinder diesel last year and in the process of building one in my EZGO Workhorse mpt1200 and plan on putting a turbo on it. Trying to see how your turbo is setup on it.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
webn237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Diesel swaps