lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts > Golf Cart Parts
Golf Cart Parts Links to other sites, not for parts request. *closed

Old 07-29-2007, 03:00 PM   #21
WW
Republica De Norte Cuba

Yamaha

Default Re: Golf cart disk brakes

I have BU's kit on the front of my Club Car with a 6 inch A Arm lift. On mine the 8 inch rim will not fit. I also had to put on wheel spacers.

The front brakes are great. I like the looks of this kit better than mine. BU's kit was $500.00. At $750.00 for all four, that sounds like a good deal.

With mine, the cart pulls a little to the left under hard braking. The pedal acts like a older car with out power brakes. I do like them, however, I would not spend the money on BU's kit again. If I did not already have these, I would try them.

If anybody gets this set, please let us know how it works.

Last edited by WW; 07-29-2007 at 03:29 PM..
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2007, 10:17 PM   #22
LDOGGYDIZZLE
Not Yet Wild

?

So what you're saying it didnt help? That cant be. Unless the brake pads that came with the kit are garbage.

Im real interested in the 4 wheel setup, should make a huge difference.

You need whoa after adding all that go.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:41 AM   #23
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDOGGYDIZZLE View Post
?

So what you're saying it didnt help? That cant be. Unless the brake pads that came with the kit are garbage.

Im real interested in the 4 wheel setup, should make a huge difference.

You need whoa after adding all that go.
Did you read the same post I did?
Old 12-12-2007, 11:42 PM   #24
stuntrider1196
Getting Wild

Has anyone looked at using motorcycle rear brake calibers, you'll have to make custom discs but i think it can be done. When im done my cart build me and a friend are going to try making them.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:49 PM   #25
gaston
Gone Wild

That's an option to be addressed, keep us posted on the advances on that project.
I am about to contact this people regarding those brakes, but they are somehow expensive for us!
Old 12-13-2007, 12:03 AM   #26
stuntrider1196
Getting Wild

yeah i know. i probly wont got to try yo make them until summer
Old 12-13-2007, 08:33 AM   #27
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

Is there any cars that use the 4x4 bolt pattern?Then you wouldnt have to make custom rotors.You would just have to run some big a$$ wheels.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:51 AM   #28
crash12888
Gone Crazy

If you remember my Yamazuki project I put a 500cc quad 4X4 under a G9 cart. It has front discs and a rear solid axle with a cable operated drum brake.
This is what I took off.

These are on the front and holding up Ok so far.

Even with new pads and shoes a stop from 50 mph was nothing to brag about and sometimes brought the pucker factor into play.
Following ya'lls lead hear I got some brake catalogs from my parts place and started my research.
I came up with a 8 1/2" rotor and a Prelude caliper with E brake that fit inside my rim, although I am running 12" rims on it.
I did have to redrill the rotor due to the 4 on 90mm pattern.

The master cylinder was a piece of cake after I read how some of you did it. Cable operated to the brake pedal.
I haven't finished it yet and might need more throw from my pedal.

As soon as I finish the Club Car project and get the Yamazuki back together I am going to start searching for a rotor and caliper to fit in a 8" rim.

Even 4 wheel hydraulic drum that would fit in a 8" rim would be better than stock wouldn't it?
Old 12-13-2007, 08:53 AM   #29
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Caddyman, If I remember correctly, I think I did see a 4 on 4 pattern but the rotor diameter was way big.
I'll check again tonight.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:26 PM   #30
napalaz
Gone Wild

have you presurised the system and actualy tried to push on the pedal I had a mini rail and tried to do same thing and the master of a car didnt work to hard to push on I ended up using a a master from a motercycle and callipers from a chevete

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts > Golf Cart Parts