lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2016, 04:43 PM   #1
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Any forums for AGC carts?

Bought a 2006 AGC California Roadster...people have told me that the running gear is Club Car...but I want to know for sure. Anybody have any experience with these carts?
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2016, 06:41 PM   #2
1970buick
Gone Wild

Default Re: Any forums for AGC carts?

I have the H3 cart from ACG. Everything I have touched in the restoration was based on club car stuff.
1970buick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 06:06 PM   #3
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: Any forums for AGC carts?

Cool...when the spec said an 11hp. Motor I wasn't sure what was underneath...what kind of speed are you getting?
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 05:46 PM   #4
abreadner
Not Yet Wild

I have a couple of their Roadsters and a few of their Hummers and I keep burning up motor brushes. Usually melting the leads on the brushes. Do either of you guys know who makes the motors for these or if a generic Club Car motor or something else will fit?
abreadner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 05:56 PM   #5
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss20 View Post
Bought a 2006 AGC California Roadster...people have told me that the running gear is Club Car...but I want to know for sure. Anybody have any experience with these carts?
Have you called them. Found this

American Custom Golf Cars Inc.
15740 El Prado Rd.
Chino, CA 91710

Tel. (909) 597-2885
Fax (909) 597-7183

E-mail: info@californiaroadster.com

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/intro...ml#post1330334

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1330818
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 11:43 AM   #6
jeffg1010
Gone Wild

Club Car

Can anybody with an ACG cart help me out? I bought a 2004 California Roadster in November. Started tearing it apart with plans of doing an AC conversion and a major body resto. Fast forward to now - the body is done and it's ready to ride. But, I lost my job and I have scaled back build plans on the AC/Navitas setup - due to budget. So I am now trying to get it reassembled so we can take it to the beach this Friday. However, I have a couple wires that likely connect to the battery bank that I cannot figure out. Can someone take a few pics of their battery banks and the small wires that are attached in addition to the terminal wires? Also . . . if possible, the wires that come out of the back of the controller (behind the back seat) Any help is appreciated!!!
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 01:11 PM   #7
abreadner
Not Yet Wild

Have you checked the company's website? They did have wiring diagrams there last time I looked.
abreadner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 03:49 PM   #8
jeffg1010
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by abreadner View Post
Have you checked the company's website? They did have wiring diagrams there last time I looked.
Their diagrams are useless. Very generic and do not include any of the details information that a Club Car diagram would show. I need someone who actually owns one to assist
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 07:55 AM   #9
RNajarian
Gone Wild

Club Car

I’m bumping this thread because I wish there was a dedicated place to get ACG technical info. Just spent 2 months trying to get a tapered/keyed brake drum off.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=168287
RNajarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:58 PM   #10
RNajarian
Gone Wild

Club Car

I spoke with someone from ACG today (November 2, 2020.)

I’ll share the info he gave me in the event it may help someone out

This is what I remember

1) Initially their carts were made off a Club Car frame but it got too expensive to do it that way so about 2002 they started to make their own frames based off a Club Car.

2) The rear end (differentials and axles) for carts made up to 2015 are no longer available. The subcontractor that made them went out of business. They DO have a newer rear end (differential/axle) they are using for their carts made after. 2016 which will fit older ACG carts. The parts cost about $1,900

3) They started doing parts diagrams starting 2016. The Hummer and Escalade models, discontinued in 2015 do not have parts diagrams.

4) Some parts for the older models, motors for example, are available because they share parts with the newer models.

5) When I asked about replacement gauge for the battery/turn signals that is NLA. He suggested an aftermarket gauge from Amazon.

6) An upgrade to the Sevcon controller/dash LCD screen is possible but cost prohibitive at $4,500.

Hope this helps someone..
RNajarian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
california roadster
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts